SC Guns - Can anyone help?

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:04 pm

Duxburian wrote:It is that kind of attitude which has been ruining Ebay as a source of good guns. I will be honest here, it is that attitude which has defined the high prices we suffer with today, the very root of the reputation of big guns being expensive!

Part of an old article of mine:
Those high prices are a result of inflation brought about via unnatural causes. Regular supply and demand would have prices be lower. Several rich bidders who are willing to pay anything for good guns are shaking up the whole system. Sellers take note of CPS 2000 auctions with high prices. "If that person got such I good price, I should, too." Now it is widely accepted that a 2000 is worth up to $200.

Inflation: In my very honest opinion, you should take the top price a soaker can fetch and divide it by 2. That number is the highest that you should really pay for it. I'm not joking. The ignorant masses rarely stop to question whether a soaker is REALLY worth those dang high prices. The smart buyer will stop at a certain price, a reasonable price, like $50 for a CPS 2000. The leads me to my 2nd point: You can always find the gun you want for a cheap price. Again, not joking. Most people don't bother to really dig deep into the available resources. With real determination and patience, you will get that huge CPS gun for a reasonable, if not outright cheap-price.

I hope you got something out of that, even if you think I'm terribly wrong. Using common sense about pricing, I've saved $200 on water guns.

Crashdummy, I strongly advise you to let this kid waste all that money, and get your MXL for a mere fraction of the price. Even after those 2.5 years, it can be done. I've seen plenty of under $60 MXLs, you just have to be looking at the right time. I've never said anything because I don't ever plan on buying one.
I've seen MXL's for $40 or less. They are easier to find cheap. CPS 2000's go for as little as $60-70. (Of course there are exceptions.)

Soaker Master, don't overrate the MXL like I did. I struggle using it at 15&1/2. And it really isn't that great unless you have a nearby QFD. You'd be better off getting a 1700 or a 2500 for much cheaper.

My 1700 versus my MXL is interesting. The 1700 has the advantage when there is no QFD, and the MXL has the advantage when there is one.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:02 pm

Omg omg omg, my friend has a CPS 3200 and an MXL, and he says he will sell them to me (cool guy, has pics to prove he has the guns, and needs the money to play Initial D 3). I'm not getting the one on eBay unless I can win it for around $25 (high shipping).

DX

Post by DX » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:17 pm

Hopefully your friend doesn't know what an MXL can sell for on Ebay? While I see lots of bargains, I also see those $175, $200 MXLs floating around. I think the record is $250 with a $400 BIN. Still doesn't match my favorite auction, a CPS 2000 which went for $275 with a $750 BIN! [Obviously nobody took the BIN] :laugh:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:47 pm

Lol, he doesn't know squat about soakers. When I asked him about them, he said he had a really big one with a bipod, and a big yellow one with a backpack. :p

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:42 am

That does'nt sound that describtive but, who does'nt know of the big watergun with a BIPOD (giveaway).

freak

Post by freak » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:31 pm

Soaker Master wrote:That does'nt sound that describtive but, who does'nt know of the big watergun with a BIPOD (giveaway).

Of couse, there always is the Armor Dillo.
End world hunger and overpopulation, Support cannibalism.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:49 pm

soakerman wrote:Spinner, are the SC-600's mark one or two? If they are mk.2 I might consider buying one from you if shipping is not too much...
To get back on topic...

...my SC600s are mk.2/mk.3. I'm not sure whether mk.3 officially exists, but in my book (should that be head?) it's the version of the SC600 with the blue/orange colour scheme. As far as perfomance compared to the mk.2 goes, my limited testing indicated slightly better range than the mk.2, although I couldn't say whether that was just normal variation between models.
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:20 pm

...my SC600s are mk.2/mk.3. I'm not sure whether mk.3 officially exists, but in my book (should that be head?) it's the version of the SC600 with the blue/orange colour scheme. As far as perfomance compared to the mk.2 goes, my limited testing indicated slightly better range than the mk.2, although I couldn't say whether that was just normal variation between models.

I was not aware that there were different SC600 models. Explain further?

I know some people who know very little about soakers, but almost everyone has heard of the "soaker with the bipod" or the "Monster XL." It is very well-known.

Edited By Hannibal on 1141417376
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

DX

Post by DX » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:39 pm

To get back on topic...

If you have enough of a difference, you can create a new mark. Color isn't enough, but performance is, and a difference in the internals would also help.

I know some people who know very little about soakers, but almost everyone has heard of the "soaker with the bipod" or the "Monster XL." It is very well-known.

Almost every soaker has multiple marks. Example, there are probably 3-5 different versions of the MXL. Sometimes the mark doesn't make much of a difference [like certain 1500 marks] while some are huge [CPS 2000 marks].
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:13 pm

Hannibal wrote:

I was not aware that there were different SC600 models. Explain further?
The Aqua Nexus has a brief run-down of the three marks. :;):

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:13 pm

Spinner, I would be interested in the blue and orange one, any idea what it would cost? Also, are there any SC-500's over there?
ImageImage

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:49 pm

There is SC guns on ebay.de . I think there is a wierd colored SC600, and a wierd colored SC500 on there right now.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:20 pm

soakerman wrote:Spinner, I would be interested in the blue and orange one, any idea what it would cost? Also, are there any SC-500's over there?
I sadly don't have any SC500s - I'm still looking out for one for myself.

I'll contact you with further details about the SC600s.