Soaker Tag Sale - selling the arsenal

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
RAK

Post by RAK » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:40 pm

the arsenal is on its way out. i'm making room in my... room, and i'm selling my soakers.

buying policy: you name the price, i agree, you send me money, i send you the soaker. if multiple people want a soaker, highest bid wins.

here is the list of my soakers....

NOTE: some soakers may not be available because they were sold already and were not unchecked from the list, i'll let you know if you're seriously interested in buying it if it's "in stock."

SS Class
- MDS (2)
- 50 (3)
- 50 10th Anniv.

XP Class
-Triple Play
-220 (2)
-240 (2)

Max-D Class
-Secret Strike (2)

CPS Class
-Splashzooka
-1-3-5
-2000 (screws missing-- in working condition but just no friggen screws cuz i lost them)
-2700 (2)
-4100 (2)

EES Class
-Turbine

Monster Class
-X
-XL

SoakerTag Series
-Helix
-Hydroblade
-Triple Aggressor
-Vaporizer

SC Class
-Triple Charge

some of the soakers are about to die, some are still in the box with the straps not even cut off yet. if you are interested in a soaker, just post here and ask as many questions as you want (relevant ones only please). all business except personal information exchange will be dealt here.

i'd do this thing by ebay and make up the soakers to be such great mechanical accomplishments, but i figure i can save all the shoe-shining compliments. i'm selling the soakers here because this is where the people buy them and appreciate them. selling it on ebay could go to a guy who just wants to turn it into a flamethrower or something... i dont want that for my soakers, the thing's i've been taking utmost care of for so many years.

post your requests or questions.

EDIT: upon digging through the pile of soakers, i saw empty boxes for the SC class soakers, so they have been added to the "for sale" list. This (obviously) indicates that they were bought new in the box and simply taken out for testing and random soaker fun.

EDIT 2: just discovered an XP 75 while rummaging through a pile of soakers

Edited By RAK on 1101055164

USSA

Post by USSA » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:54 pm

a) which guns are still nib
b) which guns are close to death
c) is the cps 2000 mk 1 or mk2

I'm a potential buyer for
1) mds
1) 2700
1) 2500/2000 (depending on mk)

RAK

Post by RAK » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:01 pm

a) from what i can see in my mess of a pile of soakers in the corner of my room, i have a 2700, MDS, 4100, and 2100 NIB.

b) from memory, most guns are still working. others like the 2000 just have something missing like screws. i have an XP 150 that is just so crappy that i didnt list it. i think the MD 5k is in a similar condition to the 2000.

c) mk2

EDIT:

oh, to expand on a) i just remembered that the 10th Anniv SS 50 is NIB and so is a regular SS 50. maybe even a XP 220. if anyone wants a soaker, i'll go fetch it and give you a condition staus update. i wont do that until someone actually wants to buy it.

**NOTE if any of these guns look like crap to you, submit an offer of a crappy amount of money. remember, IM LOOKING TO GET RID OF THESE GUNS. so i want to get rid of these soakers, give me an offer for whatever you're willing to take off my hands, even if it is as low as $0.01. an offer's an offer....

EDIT 2:

according to an inventory report i made some time ago, i also have a 1200 NIB. both MDS's are NIB. a MD6000 is NIB. and it shows that the XP220 is NIB. if there is serious interest in any soaker, i can definitively check if a soaker is NIB or in any kind of condition. i will take out a soaker into my backyard and shoot it in this freezing weather if i have to to verify that a soaker works or not. the least of my motives here is to rip someone off.

Edited By RAK on 1100229077

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:15 pm

Hey :cool:

Interested in the CPS 2000, regardless of Mk. I will and can fix it, i have corpse of a 2500 i can use! Willing to pay for it, woud just like to know shipping =p
_

RAK

Post by RAK » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:30 pm

in responce to Iceman and all future questions about shipping:

i'm not going to give estimates since i very well could be wrong. you be the judge and estimate whether it's a huge soaker or not and if it is, figure a reasonably large amount of money for shipping, upwards of $30. also consider your location. i live in New York. shipping to california would be more than ohio.

a note about the 2000: it is fixable. if you want to spend a couple bucks on some new screws it is a very easy repair. i just dont have the motivation to put it back together. as Iceman pointed out, Frankensteining some parts from other soakers can easily fix this problem.

EDIT: spelling

Edited By RAK on 1100295473

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:32 pm

RAK wrote:as Iceman pointed out, Frankensteining some parts from other soakers can easily fix this problem.
Yup, have that 2500 that needed parts ready to go. Ill sand her down with some fine paper (really fine), polish and strenghen, Ive had this old 2500 last for 6 or 7 years. :cool:
_

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:41 am

RAK wrote:in responee to Iceman and all future questions about shipping:

i'm not going to give estimates since i very well could be wrong. you be the judge and estimate whether it's a huge soaker or not and if it is, figure a reasonably large amount of money for shipping, upwards of $30. also consider your location. i live in New York. shipping to california would be more than ohio.

a note about the 2000: it is fixable. if you want to spend a couple bucks on some new screws it is a very easy repair. i just dont have the motivation to put it back together. as Iceman pointed out, Frankensteining some parts from other soakers can easily fix this problem.

Well, we could probably find out shipping from USPS if we know the weights. Could you tell me how much the Max-D 6000, Zook and XXP 175 weigh and then I'll see about an offer?

Edited By Spinner on 1100259756
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:42 am

Could you tell me how much the Max-D 6000, Zook and XXP 175 weigh and then I'll see about an offer?

You could just look up the weights here @ iSoaker.com (assuming you trust my numbers). :goofy:

Max-D6000: Weight: 790 g (27.87 oz.)
XXP 175: Weight: 1000 g (35.27 oz.)
CPS Splashzooka 65Oz.: Weight: 1270 g (44.8 oz.)

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SilverFist

Post by SilverFist » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:36 pm

what shape is the Monster X in? Which color version is it?

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:53 pm

isoaker_com wrote:
Could you tell me how much the Max-D 6000, Zook and XXP 175 weigh and then I'll see about an offer?

You could just look up the weights here @ iSoaker.com (assuming you trust my numbers). :goofy:

Max-D6000: Weight: 790 g (27.87 oz.)
XXP 175: Weight: 1000 g (35.27 oz.)
CPS Splashzooka 65Oz.: Weight: 1270 g (44.8 oz.)

Now, why didn't I think of that before? :oo:

Oh yeah, and what version is the MXL?

Edited By Spinner on 1100285781

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

RAK

Post by RAK » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:43 pm

spinner: as isoaker's method is probably the most accurate way to estimate shipping, do remember that it does not take into account the box and the packaging. i dont think that the shipping materials weigh very much at all, but they do increase the cost.

the MXL version is unknown. there are multiple versions? if you're that inquisitive about the MXL, there are very descriptive pictures and a complete and in depth review of it (this specific make of the soaker, not just a generic review) here.

for everyone else; do check my review section for pictures and/or a review of the soaker to see its condition.

silverfist: the MX is the green/black/blue model and its review with pictures is here.

EDIT: i can't spell...

Edited By RAK on 1100321018

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:00 pm

RAK wrote:the MXL version is unknown. there are multiple versions? if you're that inquisitive about the MXL, there are very descriptive pictures and a complete and in depth review of it (this specific make of the soaker, not just a generic review) here.
It's a mk.1 by the looks of it - FYI, the mk.2 has apparently better shot time and can be identified by its short nozzles.
spinner: as isoaker's method is probably the most accurate way to estimate shipping, do remember that it does not take into accound the box and the packaging. i dont think that the shipping materials weigh very much at all, but they do increase the cost.

Good point, I've been adding weight on to be on the safe side.

USSA

Post by USSA » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:23 pm

Where does Rak live? I realize it's in New York but I need a zip to use the usps program.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:33 pm

Note: For safety sake, please avoid posting any major personal info on here. Use the PM systems to give/send personal info if need be (assuming you trust the person you're giving info to).

:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:22 pm

How about 30 bucks (plus the cost of shipping) for the 1700?

RAK

Post by RAK » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:48 pm

yeah, as isoaker said, please keep all personal topics on the private end of this (sending a PM will do). i dont really mind about giving out my zip but just to try to set the example, i'll disclose it in a PM only.

cloud: first, there are some things you should know about the 1700 before you offer the money for it... it was bought used on ebay and a piece broke in transit. it is the nozzle selector piece. i super glued it back together and it works flawlessly, but just be aware that there was a previous problem with this soaker. also, being used, one should not expect perfect functionality. there is no major damage to this or most of my soakers, just normal wear and tear of usuage.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:33 pm

No prob. Thank you for telling me, but if it's just used, it's good as new to me.
30 bucks is my offer.

RAK

Post by RAK » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:25 pm

offer sounds good to me, but i'm not quite sure how to conduct this. maybe if other people want to "outbid" someone they should be able to, but i dont want to wait a while for that to happen. maybe... 2 days after an offer if a higher bid isnt met it goes to the user who made the offer? sort of a "going, going, gone" effect. i think that's how it should be conducted, just to give everyone a chance at a soaker. on monday we'll know.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:57 pm

Sounds good.
We'll see monday.

RAK

Post by RAK » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:19 pm

monday is here, and it doesn't look like there is any additional interest in the 1700. cloud, i'll PM you about the next steps towards getting you the soaker.

in other news, this is just a reminder because it seems that this wasnt made clear.. if you have a question about a soaker or about payment or anything of that nature, please, make a post in this thread and i'll answer your questions as best i can. on the other hand, if it is a more personal like addresses and so on, then you should send me a PM. the reason why i'd like the two different cases is so that the general things can be seen by everyone in this public thread, and all personal items can be attended to one-on-one in a private message. just a clarification.