looking for a cheap CPS-class blaster - anyone got one?

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:52 am

i am looking for a CPS class blaster, nothing huge,maybe a 1000. :cps1000: i also need an SC power pak, (with QFD). it seems that at just the time i need them, there are no CPS blasters available. make an offer, i don't have any set price i'm willing to pay. thanks!
:soakon2:
-The Wizard of Water

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:05 pm

I doubt that you'll get any offers at this time in soakerdom, the best thing to do is keep watching Ebay.

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:10 pm

BlueMage wrote:i am looking for a CPS class blaster, nothing huge,maybe a 1000. :cps1000: i also need an SC power pak, (with QFD). it seems that at just the time i need them, there are no CPS blasters available. make an offer, i don't have any set price i'm willing to pay. thanks!
:soakon2:
For those who recently started or are having a difficult time finding powerful weaponry, CPS seems like the answer, but is nowhere to be found. Around my area this is one of the most difficult things for someoen to cope with in a war, since if they dont have a CPS grade weaponry, they assume they wontbe able to defeat my team boasting large CPS weaponry (there wrong, skill could defeat us.) Here are a few things to help you out:

1.) Check local stores. If you are looking for a smaller weight CPS Blaster, the Wateer Warriors Blazer, Lightning, and Pirahna are readily available for purchase at K-marts, Toys'R'us, Wal*Mart, KB Toys, and other toy retailers.

2.) Check garage Sales and ask friends. Youc an always check out garage sales for water weaponry. While most may not have waterguns, or some have beat up ones that can be fixed, or perfectly good ones, its always worth a shot to check these out. Back in the CPS Days, some didnt touch their weaponry. They left it in the attic or storage and finally bring it out for a sale. Also ask friends if they have any water guns, and if they are willing to trade/sell.

3.) And of course, Ebay. this will be your best source of weaponry, but expect to pay high prices.

I wish you luck, and I dont quite think you will find what you are looking for on the forums, but patience is a virtue, you will get them at one point or another if you search hard enough.

-Iceman
_

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:24 pm

If you live in the eastern US, try looking at Sports Authority or Sports Mart. I've heard of (and bought) a few CPS 2100s from a SA. You also could try homemades if you are adventurous.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:17 pm

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: eBay is the only reliable source we have anymore to buy quality water guns. Anywhere else, and, well... uh, you're probably not going to find any good water guns.

It's the sad but true reality, folks.

Edited By Soakologist on 1090531091

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:58 pm

ok, well, thanks i guess.i have ben searching from store to store, and I can't find anything better than a Max-D5000. my next resort is definetly yard sales. unfortunately, most yard sales a round here are just 'old lady' type junk.
-The Wizard of Water

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:17 am

If you are lucky enough to live in America, (and most of you are) then you can find virtually any CPS soaker on ebay. Also, Amazon.com have CPS 4100s for 20 bucks, which is cheaper than you'll find most for on ebay anyway. You can also do what I did (if you can be bothered) and call every Toys "R" Us and K-Mart store in your state, (I called multiple states) and you're bound to find a couple of reasonable soakers.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:06 pm

Err... I thought you lived in Australia, Falcon. ???

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:15 am

I do live in Australia. I don't know if you misread, but I was saying that those of you that live in America have easy access to pretty much every CPS soaker, and usually for a low price, through ebay.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:54 pm

So you learned about such water guns and their workings from the internet then?

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:53 pm

well yeah, i'm "lucky enough" to live in america, but i'm also "lucky enough to live in vermont. and let me tell you, there are'nt many walmarts or KB toys' in vermont. i've looked in 2 kaybee toys, a walmart, and- no wait, make that 2 walmarts., one of which was in maine. i think. i dunno, but they all had nothing. i ended up getting a 2-pack of xp 220's and some soakertags. blea.
-The Wizard of Water

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:20 pm

Falcon, do you call the different regions "States" in Australia? ???

RecklessAssault

Post by RecklessAssault » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:17 pm

I don't think you can get any 4100's from Amazon.com anymore... I'm pretty sure they're sold out. I hope they're not because I'd like to get one, but every time I look it says they're out of stock.

Aaron
I was angry with my friend;
I told my wrath my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe;
I told it not my wrath did grow.
-William Blake, "A Poison Tree"

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:38 pm

Veteran wrote:So you learned about such water guns and their workings from the internet then?

Yes, I learned about all the different soakers, their nozzle settings, capacity and other details from isoaker's site and others.

Falcon, do you call the different regions "States" in Australia?

Yeah, they're called states, but Australia only has 6 states, although they are large ones. There are also two territories, I don't know why they are called territories, but they are much the same thing as states.

well yeah, i'm "lucky enough" to live in america, but i'm also "lucky enough to live in vermont. and let me tell you, there are'nt many walmarts or KB toys' in vermont. i've looked in 2 kaybee toys, a walmart, and- no wait, make that 2 walmarts., one of which was in maine. i think. i dunno, but they all had nothing. i ended up getting a 2-pack of xp 220's and some soakertags. blea.

You can still turn to the best source of soakers of all though: ebay. You can find virtually any soaker on ebay, and often it is cheap. Not to mention Amazon with their CPS 4100s.

Edited By Falcon on 1091006955