Where else can I find waterguns? - I can't find a single decent gun around

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
Kaijuin

Post by Kaijuin » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:22 pm

Ok checked Wal-Mart, they have liquidators, vaporizers, helix's, and grimlens. Meijer has arctic shockers, little max-d two packs, and triple shots, and toysrus has max-d ss's. Target had hydroblades and the little max-d two packs. What in the world happened to all the CPS guns, and other decent guns?? I live in the central Ohio area(Dublin, Columbus). I am going to have a big watergun fight on monday at homestead, and I just broke the pump on my xp-270 and I can't find a decent replacement. What's the best choice out of all those, and are there any places I missed?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:21 pm

Try a home improvement or hardware store. Check out the PVC pipe section and build anything you'd like to. Every aspect of the water gun is at your command and they also typically come out cheaper. Of course, there's those who will tell you that homemade water guns are hard to make, but they've usually never made or even attempted to make one, so take it for what it's worth.

Other than that, you might be interested in the Super Soaker Flash Flood or Water Warriors Blazer, which should be available online or if you check out other stores. ;)

Check out my site if you're interested in the homemade water gun stuff.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:31 pm

This summer in particular, I've found water blasters have flown off the shelves at most of my local stores (everything from Walmart to Toys'R'Us only have bits of stock left).

Unless you're going the homemade route, I'd suggest checking out as many stores in your area as possible, particularly lesser-frequented stores that may still have an ok toy section. I've found many a rare find in the less-travelled aisles.

Of the soakers you mentioned you found, the Triple Shot isn't a bad pistol-class soaker, but if you can find things like a Flash Flood, Blazer, or Piranha, you'd probably be happier.

As for larger soakers of yester-year... well... there just aren't any currently easily available. If the manufacturers have a change of heart, perhaps we'll start seeing bigger soakers again, but only time will tell.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Kaijuin

Post by Kaijuin » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:13 pm

Yes! My little brother found a bunch of CPS 4100 at Target!! He now dual wields triple shots, and I have a CPS 4100. It's awesome.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:27 pm

Ah, the CPS4100... perhaps not as powerful as soakers like the CPS2500 or CPS3200, but still a great soaker IMO! Congrats on your find and enjoy your water fights! Feel free to share your stories/experiences when you find the time.

Soak on!

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:53 pm

Everyone has 4100s but me :(
ownage

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:34 pm

4100s flood Ebay during the Fall and Winter at pretty low prices. That is a really easy way to get one.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:24 pm

I'll check later then. Right now they're around $50 on ebay.
ownage

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:41 pm

You can get one for $20 if you time it right. Take a pass right now, as in no way is $50 worth it. There are 2 marks of 4100 which is important to note. Some pictures on Ebay reveal the mark, but most don't.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:11 pm

Or online for free shipping depending on where you live.
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

Kaijuin

Post by Kaijuin » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:40 pm

Yesterday I tested out my new gun. I took it to homestead park, and it beat up vaporizers, helix's, arctic shockers, xp270's, Max-d 6000's, gremlins, liquidator's, some other smaller water warrior guns, flashflood's, a cps 1-3-5, triple shots, and Max-d SS'. The 8.5x stream was so much more powerful than the air-pressure weapons: they didn't stand a chance. Awesome time!

:soakon:

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:00 pm

So you tested it on little kids??
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

Kaijuin

Post by Kaijuin » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:34 pm

Oh, some adults got in the way. One guy got a max-d 6000 and we had a little duel, if you can call it that.

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:49 pm

Doom wrote:Try a home improvement or hardware store. Check out the PVC pipe section and build anything you'd like to. Every aspect of the water gun is at your command and they also typically come out cheaper. Of course, there's those who will tell you that homemade water guns are hard to make, but they've usually never made or even attempted to make one, so take it for what it's worth.

Other than that, you might be interested in the Super Soaker Flash Flood or Water Warriors Blazer, which should be available online or if you check out other stores. ;)

Check out my site if you're interested in the homemade water gun stuff.
what Doom says is true. building soakers is not hard, and it's a good way to really get to know the workings of soakers, and "be onew ith the soaker" if you will. honestly, the PVC section of home depot is like heaven to me.
-The Wizard of Water

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:28 am

building soakers is not hard, and it's a good way to really get to know the workings of soakers

I'd agree that building may not be that hard, but it does still require a little more knowledge and skill than simply going to a store, buying, then filling a soaker. I've no problem with those of you who really prefer and wish to promote building soakers, but I just would rather find out first what a particular member wants before making the suggestion to build one. I'd hate to go software shopping and have the computer store owner tell me that if I learned how to program, I could create better software than anything commercially available. Some may long for greater power than stock soakers while others may be more than happy with the stock crop for their needs. Stock soakers may not allow as 'intense' a water fight, but if it's still fun for the participants, that's all it needs to be.