Hi, juz got myself a 2nd hand CPS 2500. I am very - Hi, juz got myself a 2nd hand CPS 2500.

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
nez

Post by nez » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:29 pm

Hi, juz got myself a 2nd hand CPS 2500. I am very new to super soaker & kile to know a couple of questions.

1) Very day, i will be using it a couple of times so i need it to be constantly fill with water for it to be on standby, so, was wondering if it is alright to leave the water in the gun for long periods of time (weeks/months).

2) Related to the above. Can i leave the gun fully pressured for long periods of time without damaging it?

Thanks

ANNIHILATOR 2

Post by ANNIHILATOR 2 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:07 am

Having water in the tank very often won't make wear it down if you empty it after you are done using it. Just don't leave the water in after you are done over very long time. Rotting water is discusting in a tank.

Only pressurize the soaker if you know you will use it over the next minutes. Otherwhise the rubber will get heavy wear over time and something will rip.

After extremely heavy use, any soaker will get some trigger problems sooner or later. But that can be fixed.
Anyways, what retail water guns go, you got yourself a good blaster. If this would be a SoakerTag model instead of a 98 CPS, I would just say abuse it dude, and just buy anyother contemporary model after its broken.
Classical Spirit: Constantly improve power, pressure and style over previous state of the art water gun models. The ideal of "power progress", a nowdays non existent concept in retail water guns since 1997.

nez

Post by nez » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:31 am

ANNIHILATOR 2 wrote:Having water in the tank very often won't make wear it down if you empty it after you are done using it. Just don't leave the water in after you are done over very long time. Rotting water is discusting in a tank.

Only pressurize the soaker if you know you will use it over the next minutes. Otherwhise the rubber will get heavy wear over time and something will rip.

After extremely heavy use, any soaker will get some trigger problems sooner or later. But that can be fixed.
Anyways, what retail water guns go, you got yourself a good blaster. If this would be a SoakerTag model instead of a 98 CPS, I would just say abuse it dude, and just buy anyother contemporary model after its broken.

Now i know not to leave it pressured for too long.

I guess the water issue is not a problem since it will be constantly fresh as it is being used everyday. Was actually worried that i will damage it by being constantly filled with water. :D

Thanks dude.

one more thing, i juz washed the external side in soap & water as it was dusty when i bought it, & now the pressure indicator has some small traces of water/fog in it. Is this normal or it is not supose to happend which indicites some place is damage? :(

Edited By nez on 1118561667

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:26 am

Welcome to the boards! We hope you enjoy your stay.

To reiterate A2's points, a soaker should never be filled/pressurized longer than it needs to be to be used. This is a great way to break a soaker.

Fogging on the inside is perfectly natural. I'm not a chemistry expert or a meteorologist, but I'd guess it has something to do with the heat and humidity outside and a change in condition inside. Either that or the plastic's just fading. :)

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

nez

Post by nez » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:39 am

Adrian wrote:Welcome to the boards! We hope you enjoy your stay.

To reiterate A2's points, a soaker should never be filled/pressurized longer than it needs to be to be used. This is a great way to break a soaker.

Fogging on the inside is perfectly natural. I'm not a chemistry expert or a meteorologist, but I'd guess it has something to do with the heat and humidity outside and a change in condition inside. Either that or the plastic's just fading. :)

Adrian
Well the water in th pressure came about when i washed the whole gun.

On the soaker should never be filled longer than it needs to be to be used, can i say that if i am using it everyday, i can leave it constantly filled with water 365 days right?

Thanks

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:46 am

Even if you are fighting on a daily basis, never leave water in the tank when you aren't actually using it [like overnight]. Remove excess water when you are done battling for the day and refill the next day.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

nez

Post by nez » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:00 pm

Duxburian wrote:Even if you are fighting on a daily basis, never leave water in the tank when you aren't actually using it [like overnight]. Remove excess water when you are done battling for the day and refill the next day.
oic. Thanks.

But any reason, as to why it carn't be fiiled with water when not using at the moment.

I am not a stubbon guy, but the reason why i insist on this is i always need it on standby, so that the moment i need it, i can whip it out immediatly, cause that moment will be gone in a flash, if i need to run off & get it filled.

Thanks

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:50 pm

can i ask why exactly you need it constantly filled? are you worried about the chinese water mafia or something? ???
-The Wizard of Water

nez

Post by nez » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:32 pm

BlueMage wrote:can i ask why exactly you need it constantly filled? are you worried about the chinese water mafia or something? ???
ha ha, no not as serious as that. But actually gotten the soaker to get rid of house lizards or other insects that is running along outside my flat. :goofy:

Most of the time, when i move away for a couple of sec, the bugger is gone. So i need it to be ready most of the time.

ANNIHILATOR 2

Post by ANNIHILATOR 2 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:36 am

nez wrote:
BlueMage wrote:can i ask why exactly you need it constantly filled? are you worried about the chinese water mafia or something? ???

ha ha, no not as serious as that. But actually gotten the soaker to get rid of house lizards or other insects that is running along outside my flat. :goofy:

Most of the time, when i move away for a couple of sec, the bugger is gone. So i need it to be ready most of the time.
If you are using it on insects, you might just want to use a 99 cent squirt gun. That one can stay filled all time around. Using a CPS 2500 to shoot at insects is abit much, and shooting at Lizards is somewhat animal cruelty(plus those Lizards are pedators to the insects, so you might want to keep those around.) Not to mention by the time you pumped up the CPS, the insects would be gone by then if you need every second.
So yeah, for those purposes using a squirt gun instead of a soaker is more recomended.
Classical Spirit: Constantly improve power, pressure and style over previous state of the art water gun models. The ideal of "power progress", a nowdays non existent concept in retail water guns since 1997.

nez

Post by nez » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:51 am

ANNIHILATOR 2 wrote:
nez wrote:

If you are using it on insects, you might just want to use a 99 cent squirt gun. That one can stay filled all time around. Using a CPS 2500 to shoot at insects is abit much, and shooting at Lizards is somewhat animal cruelty(plus those Lizards are pedators to the insects, so you might want to keep those around.) Not to mention by the time you pumped up the CPS, the insects would be gone by then if you need every second.
So yeah, for those purposes using a squirt gun instead of a soaker is more recomended.
Tried that, but i only manage to get it wet only & sometimes the lizard is too far to reach with the water pistol. So i thought of super soaker.

Actually i lived here for 25 over years & have not been overly concern with the lizards, even when they left their droppings all over my ledge, as i have the same thinking that those lizards do eat insects, however my block here recently here got & upgrading & with a new fresh coat of paint, i was like wow, now all the shit are gone.

But a few days later, new shit poped out. I was like, what the hell!

I think i 'burnt a fuse' & from that day on, swore to get them. I started taking a cup of water & splash it but It was like still there & could not even be bothered with me. I took a water pistol, this time i got their attention, but all there did was run off to the other corner of the building & i live on the 25th storey so there is no way for me to walk out of the window to walk to the other side of the building, cause i will fall to my death before i can even catch a glimsh of the lizard So i have to get it right the first time & the soaker is the only gun that can shot them off the building, although not every time.

I don't believe i am a curel person for what i am doing, some may not agree, fine, to each his own. I would not argue with that. This is juz a simple story for how it came about.

Thanks for all the help. :;):

ANNIHILATOR 2

Post by ANNIHILATOR 2 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:00 pm

I think in that case they have several types of oder spray critter repelant. That would be the only way to keep them away. Otherwhise, even if you shoot them away with a soaker, they will be back.

nez

Post by nez » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:41 pm

ANNIHILATOR 2 wrote:I think in that case they have several types of oder spray critter repelant. That would be the only way to keep them away. Otherwhise, even if you shoot them away with a soaker, they will be back.
I agree.

However the range of this type of insect spray is, well i am sure u know. & truth be told, even if within range, i still use the soaker.Cheaper. :D

However the only time i will use it is when it go into the cracks between my window & wall which is like right in front of me, i will then only use the spray & spray at the crack to draw it out. So after a minute, it will on its own climb out unsteadily & fall to its death. I live on the 25th storey

aphemushroom

Post by aphemushroom » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:57 am

Well, as long as you're starting to get rid of them, that's good.
Just be a mushroom. Not a duck, not a chicken, not anything. Just a mushroom. You are still reading this right?

nez

Post by nez » Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:11 am

aphemushroom wrote:Well, as long as you're starting to get rid of them, that's good.

Thanks. But now the lizards seems to be weary of me, most but not all once spotted me faster run off. Pity, cause i still enjoy shooting at them :cps2500:

Edited By nez on 1120291939