hello am new, just a few questions

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
NEW2ITALL

Post by NEW2ITALL » Sun May 08, 2005 10:12 am

hello im from England and i like the look of the super soakers, i would like to collect a few of them!
i am thinking about collecting some of the super soaker range, i have seen a xp-70 it has no box and come in mint condition,
are these worth buying? and what other super soakers are worth buying?

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun May 08, 2005 10:39 am

Welcome to the boards! We hope you enjoy your stay.

Many here believe the XP70 is one of the greatest soakers in existence. If it works, you should probably pick it up. Other good soakers that are readily available are the SoakerTag Elite Flash Flood and Aquapak Devastator, as well as the Water Warriors Pirahna.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun May 08, 2005 10:39 am

Welcome to the forums!

As for your questions, well, you'll get varying opinions depending on what style of soaker you prefer. IMO, I pretty much like most soakers,but do admit some perform better than others. The XP70 is a good, solid soaker and the benchmark from which other soakers have been judged (well, Hasbro classified its stream as 1x and scaled accordinging, though not very accurately). However, there are also other soakers apart from the Super Soaker brand that are good, too.

For this year, I'd recommend the following stock soakers (in no particular order):
Super Soaker Flash Flood
Super Soaker Aquapack Devastator
Super Soaker Triple Shot
Water Warriors Blazer
Water Warriors Hydra Pak/Aqua Pak
Water Warriors Argon

Of course, if it is even more power that you seek that stock soakers don't achieve, there are other options as well, but will require more time, thought, and effort. All depends what you are looking for.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

NEW2ITALL

Post by NEW2ITALL » Sun May 08, 2005 12:27 pm

thanks for the mega fast reply, i lost the xp-70 i was out bid on ebay! :(
have to star to look for a new one to star of my collection, i like the flash flood, that looks the busseness!!
after super soaker stop making the actual series, is the pistol/rifle blaster still worth buying if it has no box?

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sun May 08, 2005 12:41 pm

You'll find it hard to pick up many Water Warriors soakers in England, I know I've only seen the Piranha (I think it was that one, it was in the Gadget Shop anyway)). Argus has the Flash Flood for £20 and the AquaPack Devastator for £30. Alternatively, you can do what I did and pick up a CPS 2500 for £3 from a car boot sale! :p

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sun May 08, 2005 1:19 pm

You'll find it hard to pick up many Water Warriors soakers in England, I know I've only seen the Piranha (I think it was that one, it was in the Gadget Shop anyway)

You saw a Pirahna at the Gadget Shop. Man I'd buy that(darn). Too bad the shops where I am sell soakers that I am not bothered about (no Water Warriors guns, darn).

Welcome to the forums anyway. I'd recommend that if you wanted an older more powerful soaker keep looking on eBay. But again if you want one of the newer soakers out then just get a Flash Flood or an Aquapak Devastator. Although I don't particurly like the 2005 line due to their durability and nowhere near as good power as the older soakers. But its your choice.

hunter

Post by hunter » Sun May 08, 2005 6:19 pm

Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 08, 2005 7:34 pm

If you want soakers, this year's line from Hasbro are more powerful, but much less durable than Water Warriors. CPS 2100s and 4100s are still available in some stores [they are better than 2005 guns], but you would have a tougher time finding any on that side of the Atlantic. If you want to find good soakers at really cheap prices, try a "car boot sale." I'm really jealous, those seem to be only in the UK. :(
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Mon May 09, 2005 2:09 am

That's why I am put off by the 2005 line of soakers made by Hasbro. Not very durable means not very useful. I'm getting all Water Warriors guns this this year. Also, I should really start going to car boot sales. Seems as if you can get some good guns for good prices. I just don't have the time at the moment with exams and revision.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon May 09, 2005 3:15 am

I've bought a Flash Flood, and I'm not very impressed, to be honest: the range seemed to be lacking for a CPS gun. It's also way overpriced over here - £19.99. You could keep an eye on eBay UK, good guns seem to be appearing quite regularly there.

Edited By Spinner on 1115637536
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Mon May 09, 2005 5:44 am

Hey, thanks for that. Now I know not to get a Flash Flood or any of the others from Super Soaker. Although I have a Triple Shot I am quite impressed with performance on it for such a small. I am am sticking to eBay really as I really do love the older soakers. But I will be definately getting Water Warriors guns this year. They really do put effort in and they are more durable and just better really in my opinion.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon May 09, 2005 7:26 am

I'd agree in that the Flash Flood's range is lower than larger CPS soakers, but I'd estimate that the range is similar so soakers like the SC500 and SC600. Of course, I'd still like to actually test and measure things since I haven't actually had much chance to use them outdoors yet. :goofy: For its size, the Flash Flood does quite well. There may be better, but it does well, itself.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon May 09, 2005 8:04 pm

Duxburian wrote: I'm really jealous, those seem to be only in the UK. :(
A car boot sale is just another name for a tage sale, yard sale, garage sale, etc. You can find some nice stuff in the U.S. at places like these.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Mon May 09, 2005 8:12 pm

You can also find a lot of stuff at thrift stores, this weekend I found 2 Storm 2500s at the Salvation Army and a Triple Play at the Good Will.
ownage

DX

Post by DX » Mon May 09, 2005 8:51 pm

A car boot sale is just another name for a tage sale, yard sale, garage sale, etc. You can find some nice stuff in the U.S. at places like these.

I so far haven't found any soakers of any kind at yard sales. It seems that the UK people have much better luck [a CPS 2500 for £3]. I shall have to do more searching, but I've found yard sales to be a very undependable source. :(
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Tue May 10, 2005 4:37 am

emperor_james wrote:You can also find a lot of stuff at thrift stores, this weekend I found 2 Storm 2500s at the Salvation Army and a Triple Play at the Good Will.
There are XP Triple Plays at my local Toys'R'Us which is surprising to me since my local Toys'R'Us isn't too good now. 2 Storm 2500's Wow! I've been wanting to get one of those as they seem quite good from what I've read with the riot blast type feature. :;):

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue May 10, 2005 4:46 am

Duxburian wrote:

I so far haven't found any soakers of any kind at yard sales. It seems that the UK people have much better luck [a CPS 2500 for £3]. I shall have to do more searching, but I've found yard sales to be a very undependable source. :(
I think it simply varies from area to area. I haven't found any soakers at such-type sales yet; yet wcwversion1 picked up his guns from yard sales in the USA, including his CPS 2000.
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!