Preparing to retire from soaking

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
Barca

Post by Barca » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:44 pm

Well, I checked back in all those months ago, but with 11th grade class work (AP classes, Honors, et cetera) I really haven't found the time to be active. When the new soaker season hits full swing I'll be selling off my collection of soakers save one, my CPS 1700 that some of you may know, I think it's to modded to sell (almost all of the internals are reinforced, collosus modded pressure chamber, pump shaft replaced with carbon-fiber, nicely painted, and has a clear plexi-glass shield that can be attached) but anyhow, I'll give everyone here first shot then put them on ebay... I'll even sell my CPS 2000 mk. 1 :( So look for my soakers in the future, probably mid may or june, so anyhow I wish the best of luck to you all but it's time for me to be moving on in life. Take care everyone and wish you the best of luck for whatever the future may bring. Ciao mate.
"By the House of Barca may there be eternal enmity towards Rome." Barcid Forever.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:51 pm

Retiring from soaking? I never really liked that term. While I understand many end up finding their paths pulling them elsewhere, a water-fight or two isn't too hard to accomplish by even as one gets older (heck, most of my water fights have been with people older than me: goofy:).

However, if other responsibilities are demanding your attention, that's totally understandable. Just don't feel that you can't come back if ever the urge to soak again stirs within you.

Thanks for giving the membership a first crack at any soakers you are opting to sell. I'd recommend, though, still keeping a couple of your favs just in case you have a change of heart later.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Barca

Post by Barca » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:57 pm

Keeping a few was the intention at first, but with last year having a cps 2000 mk2 go for somewhere around 100 or so I forget what the exact value was my mk 1 is simply to tempting to resist. I will be keeping my trusty 1700 and my catapult... Remind me in the future to post the plans for that, aluminum frame, surgical tubing, shoots insanely far, good stuff. Anyhow I do appreciate the offer to come back and perhaps I will, but it is time to be moving on and taking up more pressing responsibilties.
"By the House of Barca may there be eternal enmity towards Rome." Barcid Forever.

ChrisReid

Post by ChrisReid » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:30 am

That's pretty weaksauce. It takes more work to sell off your collection than put it on hold.