eBay Super Soaker Search Query - ^

Selling, buying, shopping for and/or trading water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:30 pm

Just testing out link creation for searching eBay for Super Soakers.

Try: eBay Super Soaker Query

If this query works over multiple days, I'll create a new thread with this link there for those who want a quick link to search eBay for the current Super Soakers available. Of course, this query can be refined or multiple links made to query different items quickly if people desire. Just thought it could be useful instead of needing to have a running list of 'This Weeks eBay Soakers' that someone has to update.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

RAK

Post by RAK » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:25 pm

i once emailed ebay looking to find a way to have a code that automatically updates a list of the current ebay auctions for a certain search or certain category or whatever on a remote site (water wars for example). they denied saying that doing so would violate the sellers' rights to the auction. (??) anyway, i figured that would be the best way to signal current auctions on a site or message board but i guess it's a violation of terms.

the search query is a simple bookmark that is only harder to get to by making it a thread. doing a search for "super soaker" and bookmarking the ensuing page is as simple. i agree though that "this week's soakers" is an impractical idea. though it can help to narrow down good potential soakers, i doubt one can keep it up for too long.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:03 am

I once made a thread very much like this at SSCentral, with a link that filtered out most things that were not related to water guns from an eBay search. However, after a few weeks, for reasons unknown to myself, the link stopped working. I think eBay tries to catch onto this type of thing to prevent people from doing it for whatever reason.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:48 am

While I'd understand eBay not wanting promotion of specific items, not allowing general queries.. hmm.. maybe understandable. Perhaps someone could say they've made a link that searches for all rubber duckies, but in the link is a term limiting it to searching for only rubber duckies sold by Hairless_Goose, thus skewing auction options. Annoying in that the link above will potentially stop working after awhile, but sort of understandable.

Oh well... we'll see how long the above link continues to pull results. Otherwise, I suppose, those interested in ebay soakers will either have to search for themselves or the odd special soaker from time to time can be highlighted in a thread.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

ANNIHILATOR 2

Post by ANNIHILATOR 2 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:09 pm

While the "Super Soaker" term would narrow the list down to the essentials, I would recomend whiden it to the main "[url=http://toys.listings.ebay.com/Outdoor-T ... QsocmdZLis
tingItemList]Sand, Water Toys[/url]" categorie. I know its tidius, but the payoff is imense. I bought a watergun set for $15, which ended up to be 1 MXL and 2 CPS 2500s. The main categorie is good to get the real gems that no one would bother looking for.
Classical Spirit: Constantly improve power, pressure and style over previous state of the art water gun models. The ideal of "power progress", a nowdays non existent concept in retail water guns since 1997.