Nozzles

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
Ferball

Nozzles

Post by Ferball » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:59 pm

I made a water canon that operates at about 75 -80 any recommendations on a decent nozzle? The cheap home depot hose nozzle I am using works okay, but the stream is not as focused or smooth at high pressure. It cleans up and smooths out as pressure drops so I assume there has to be something out there that streams decent at high pressure.

SSCBen

Re: Nozzles

Post by SSCBen » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:41 pm

Hi, welcome to WaterWar.net!

Is that 75-80 psi? What nozzle diameter are you looking to have? What size is the pipe that the nozzle is attaching to? I'm assuming that you're using about 3/4" NPT/GHT for the pipe.

One thing to keep in mind is that a stream can look bad but still get great range. If you want range then focus on range, not how the stream looks. If you want a stream that looks nice, that's hard at the pressures we use.

Tim has tried a few different commercially available nozzles at similar pressures. Look here for the information: viewtopic.php?t=6945

The brass nozzles at McMaster-Carr have a very rough interior in my experience and are not recommended.

Tim

Re: Nozzles

Post by Tim » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:38 pm