New Homemade PowerPak Triple LRT

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
TylerK

New Homemade PowerPak Triple LRT

Post by TylerK » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:54 pm

Just finished a new homemade, PowerPak style, only fills with a hose/QRF. Has 3 LRT chambers, each one fills up in sequence (random sequence BTW).
This will be used as a secondary weapon while a CPS1700 is my preferred main weapon.

Video linked below.
Stats:
Smaller x3 or x4 size nozzle 30 second shot time. 40 feet
Firehose nozzle 3/8" 6 second shot time. 35 ft
Small x5 Tapered nozzle (NOT SHOWN in video) 50 ft
Holds min of 90oz of water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lZi6YeStFY

SSCBen

Re: New Homemade PowerPak Triple LRT

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:12 pm

Great range! Nice to see a homemade water gun with multiple bladders. I vaguely recall having trouble getting all the bladders to fill when trying that, though I don't recall that specifically so I don't know if I did ever try that. Interesting that the order is random. I'm going to have to try multiple. This is giving me some ideas about making a quick-fill blaster...

TylerK

Post by TylerK » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:51 pm

Yeah, sometimes the bladder closest to the water source filled up, sometimes it's the last. I think it's settled in it's order now. They deplete together of course. The best combo was 10" of LRT in 24" long 2" pvc pipe (12" LRT was too much). The trouble with LRT is the longer it is the more chance of it expanding in the back and kinking itself.

SSCBen wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:12 pm
Great range! Nice to see a homemade water gun with multiple bladders. I vaguely recall having trouble getting all the bladders to fill when trying that, though I don't recall that specifically so I don't know if I did ever try that. Interesting that the order is random. I'm going to have to try multiple. This is giving me some ideas about making a quick-fill blaster...

Drenchenator
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Drenchenator » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:24 am

This is a great and simple design. Your video is also great since it shows both how quickly (and easily) it charges and how far it shoots. Good work all around!

I honestly thought that all of the bladders would fill together, but your gun is making me rethink that assumption. My guess is that the properties of the LRT vary and some tubes are slightly weaker than the others and will fill first.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench