Super Soaker CPS 1500 connector compatible with Jabsco accumulator tanks

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
CDMT

Super Soaker CPS 1500 connector compatible with Jabsco accumulator tanks

Post by CDMT » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:49 pm

Super Soaker CPS 1500 pressure chamber ports compatible with Jabsco accumulator tank https://imgur.com/gallery/IgcNFkn

I noticed that they were parting out a Super Soaker CPS 1500 on eBay and I bought the tank as a spare for my CPS 1700. Surprisingly the 1500 tank connector was the same size as my homemade's accumulator connectors. So I connected it to see what effect it would have on range. I kept the pressure under 50 psi last night because I don't know what the 1500s prfs are set to. It lowered the pressure required for max range and increased shot time from 1.6 seconds to 3 seconds (I was wrong in my first estimate). Also max range went up by a few feet. However 1500 tanks are in short supply so I will more than likely replace it with another accumulator tank. It was definitely entertaining that they were completely compatible. Which makes me wonder who copied whose connectors? :lol:

Drenchenator
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Super Soaker CPS 1500 connector compatible with Jabsco accumulator tanks

Post by Drenchenator » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:11 am

Interesting find! I actually got a broken CPS 1500 a few years ago chiefly for the rubber bladder, so this information could be useful to me later. It seems more likely to me that Laramie copied the connectors rather than the other way around. They didn't need to re-invent the wheel here and if there already is something good out there, why not use it?
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench