CPH Progress = Ongoing

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
mr. dude

CPH Progress = Ongoing

Post by mr. dude » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:39 pm

Here's a CPH I started building in 2008. I got it working in 2011 or 2012. Last week, I needed to do some maintenance on the pump because the seal had broken, but I decided to address a major design flaw as well.
Basically there was a lot of dead space between the reservoir and pump. I'm trying to remember my justification for why I designed it like that, I know in the original topic I said I wanted the pump handle in line with the ball valve. The net result was that it would take a good 150 pumps just to 'prime' the thing so all the dead space has water in it and the pump can actually draw water from the reservoir.

Much less horrible to pump now.

Tim

Re: CPH Progress = Ongoing

Post by Tim » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:36 pm

Cool. Thanks for sharing.

I couldn't get your link to the old forum to work, but I was able to view at the following link...

https://web.archive.org/web/20130403195 ... php?t=6552

EDIT: SSC forums were down. Ben corrected the issue. Your link now works.

Tim

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon May 04, 2020 2:42 am

I realized I've abandoned this for a month. Basically, I tried it out, pump worked great but the the PC was leaking badly. Then the hose barb and end cap shot off the PC and I haven't gotten around to putting them together. It was quite deflating.

I've been... busy...

Discovering new video games to binge...

Anyway, I'll get to it soon.

CDMT

Post by CDMT » Sat May 01, 2021 9:42 pm

So any progress since last year?

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed May 26, 2021 7:17 pm

CDMT wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:42 pm
So any progress since last year?
Well, I had a dream last night that I bought a Monster XL. Other than that, no progress...

Not for lack of time either, it's just been sitting there staring at me as I do nothing.