Covert Costume Mist Sprayer

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
AdmiralAkhlut

Covert Costume Mist Sprayer

Post by AdmiralAkhlut » Sun May 20, 2018 7:25 pm

I'm looking for advice on a project. It's not exactly a water gun, but the same principles will apply. I'm working on a costume for a character with water magic, and want to be able to produce mist from my palms. My current plan is to use a camelbak (or similar) bladder to hold water on my back, then use a pump to push the water into a pair of LRT PCs mounted on the underside of my arms. Some kind of valve mechanism will then let the pressurized water escape through mister nozzles built into the gloves.

Looking for general tips/advice. Haven't bought anything yet, still just planning things out. Wondering if anyone has built something similar, or seen it done before. Specifically, I'm wondering about scaling down an LRT PC to a size that can be covertly strapped to my arm, since most of the pressure chambers air on the larger size.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

SSCBen

Re: Covert Costume Mist Sprayer

Post by SSCBen » Wed May 23, 2018 12:43 am

Hi, welcome to the board. I have not seen anything like this before.

I think LRT with a soft vinyl tube leading to the hands would work. Pinch the tube to stop water flow. Fill the end of the tube with epoxy putty and poke a hole through the side of the tube with a needle to make the nozzle. This should produce a fine mist.

As for filling the LRT, I don't know what might be able to do because I don't know the nature of the trick. A foot pump might work if you need to hide the pumping action.