weed sprayer water gun

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
nunosga

weed sprayer water gun

Post by nunosga » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:51 pm

Hello,
Has anyone ever considered using a modified (or not) weed sprayer as a water gun?
just like this one:

There are also backpack larger versiosn.

I've searched for info on this idea but found nothing; so all thoughts are welcome.
thanks

Andrew

Re: weed sprayer water gun

Post by Andrew » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:20 pm

I think it has come up before, but people don't like to in case it has any weedkiller left inside it. If you're buying it brand new, wash it out thoroughly and make sure no one uses it for weedkiller (some big bold permanent marker labelling?), it should work quite well. It's nozzle would need modifying (unless you only wanted a water spray) to get any appreciable performance.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:44 pm

GJIV has a backpack weed sprayer that he uses as a water gun, while ready made it can only push a 3x stream out and never use one that has been used to kill weeds.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:59 pm

Too weak, too much cleaning required to be safe to use, etc.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:11 am

Doesn't the pump sit on top of the big tank? That would be terribly awkward to try to pump if you have the tank in a backpack. It would also be terribly awkward if you're carrying the tank around by hand.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:18 am

Basically it's a larger Hydra Pak. If you can get one cheap enough it'd be worth it for what it is, but don't expect stellar performance.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:19 am

These use PR right?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:54 pm

Apart from the toxic poison issue, the biggest limitation is performance. Those things were designs for long endurance at short distance spraying, not for long distance attacking. Pumping is awkward during battles and stream performance would be tough to get to a good level. On top of that, those tanks tend to be heavier than needed since they are meant to hold more than just water.

Probably easier to build from scratch than to modify one of those.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Yes, it is a PR sprayer. If you can find a large one (high capacity) with a good hose, good pump, good seal, and good output (Needs to be capable of good ranges) then it could be a... pretty good water gun, actually. I haven't seen one that is big enough or has a high output sprayer gun to bother trying. I wouldn't bother with something cheap /small because you would find that a dollar store gun works better.
And don't compare it to a Hydra Pak, please. Unless you have seen a weed sprayer that holds more than 6L, and/or uses CPS tech, please just don't go there! lol
EDIT: And yeah, Isoaker is right. Like I said, if you can find one that is capable of high-performance output, I say go for it. I'll definitely keep my eyes open.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:26 pm

I know that people make 4 gallon CAP (up to 100psi) backpack weed sprayers with lever pumps so you don't have to remove it to pump
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:51 pm

soakinader wrote:And don't compare it to a Hydra Pak, please. Unless you have seen a weed sprayer that holds more than 6L, and/or uses CPS tech, please just don't go there! lol
I meant a backpack one would have a similar feel due to the pump arrangement. :goofy: That said, I think some have a swivel pump which you can use with your left hand while firing, and some backpack ones can be as large as 20L! Admittedly they don't have elastic PCs (although that's not necessarily a bad thing).

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:27 pm

I have a feeling this would only be really useful for soakfests where range is not important. Does anyone know the range and output of one?

Speaking of the hydra pak, where can you find one? I have looked across the web and found nothing. I actually cannot find almost any WW blasters for sale online.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:15 am

You used to be able to buy Vanquishers and Hydra Paks on amazon/ebay a while back; I should have bought a Vanquisher, they were cheap too.
As for right now, they are neither old or recognisable enough for people to bother putting them on ebay or even knowing what they are.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:29 am

I bought a Vanquisher from Amazon. Amazon said it was the Hydro Power version, but I ended up receiving an Ultimate Vanquisher instead. I was rather nonplussed and unimpressed, so I sent it back.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.