The Problem with WBLs

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: The Problem with WBLs

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:19 pm

Soakindator (I meant to call you that) He listed potatoes in his list of sabots, read carefully before you post.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Andrew

Re: The Problem with WBLs

Post by Andrew » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:59 pm

the oncoming storm wrote:Soakindator (I meant to call you that) He listed potatoes in his list of sabots, read carefully before you post.
Poseidon2000 wrote:wbls already have gotten 100+ ft. w/out sabots, instead using pototoes or other objects to block the wb from direct air impact.
He basically said using potatoes etc. instead of sabots. :goofy: It's a moot point really as you could justify calling almost anything, which supports/protects the balloon whilst firing, a sabot as long as it doesn't travel with the balloon all the way to the target.
Poseidon2000 wrote:too far as in more than 30 feet?
Yeah around that sort of range or less ideally. Basically think of something like a Pringles can with some slits cut down each side, and without a lid. Load the balloon into the open end of the Pringles can and shove it down the barrel. When the WBL fires, it pushes the Pringles can and balloon out together (with the balloon still cupped inside the Pringles can). When the Pringles can leaves the barrel, the air resistance causes the sides of the can to fold back on themselves (the slits allow this to happen) and it sort of peels away from the balloon and slows down so it can't travel very far before it hits the ground. The balloon continues on it's way towards the (hopefully) unsuspecting target.