My new CPS system (Almost Done!!!)

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
Fishfan
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: My new CPS system (Almost Done!!!)

Post by Fishfan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:57 am

Yes. I used tobacco pipe screens for the screens, but they were far to flimsy, even when layered. All three hardware stores I have around here (Home depot, Lowes, and Ace) don't have replacement sink aerator screens, so I will have to buy them off of Ebay.

Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by Poseidon2000 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Okay, my 2 cents:

most of these problems come from the lube, and you know it. The bladder, the pump, the range, and slightly lamination, because the LRT is degrading and is not at it's peak of power.

The weight is just weight, because it's PVC. you could change to drainpipe or DWV, and that could help. However, no offense, I'm just saying it, no harm, since you only have experience with NERF SS, you think that your CPH is really heavy. I did the same with my CPS's. At first, I could'nt even lift a lightningstorm with one hand, and now I dual weild an overloaded CPS1000 and a Pc filled 3200. :P Point is, it is probably on the heavy side, but you'll get used to it.

As for the backpack, my 5gal Solar shower fits fine in my standard backpack. It's also not extremely heavy at half full. I see no reason to spend MORE money on a frame just yet, but if it bugs you too much, then yes, get it. As for the solar shower I highly recommend a 2.5 gal solar shower. Less dead space, because you'd be crazy to fill something to 5 gallons, it won't slosh as much because you would fill it up all the way(2.5 gallons is roughly as much as a 3200 backpack),it won't leak, you wouldn't have to swap packs with your future 3000/3200, and it won't cost as much as fancy stuff!

Hope that helps.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:24 pm

It isn't too heavy, but I know it could be lighter, and also smaller, because right now I have DWV pipe which is much heavier than drain. Drain is much lighter, and thinner, so it won't be as bulky.
Also, the 2.5 gallon solar showers are like $20, while I got the 5 gallon at Walmart for $10. Since budget is a big consideration here, I think I will wait to get a 2.5, and deal with what I've got. I'm sure that the 2.5g are more durable though.

Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:23 pm

Money and guns...hehe. :P

anyway, once you replace the LRT and lube, performance should skyrocket.
You should note that ben probably made a laminator for this ( the black tube between the ball valve and endcap?) and you will make one. Also, the highest output would be 5/8 ", because the barb is. It's respectable. If you find 1/4" and 3/16" barbs, there's your nozzles, and 5/8" could be treated as 1/2 or 4/8", I think that's a practical variety.

Also, I would have recommended the pump/check valve/intake/bottom area in the format similar of JLspacemarine's CAR, it's wayyy more compact, and since you have a better variety of PVC, you could have made a quality pump with ›50mL Stroke volume. Not to mention a ball valve trigger is fairly easy in BBT/CAR format. but meh, the SuperCPS design is still straightfoward.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:20 pm

I think I am going to use amber colored tubing next time. Maybe that way I can Inspect it for tears, because it's semi-transparent.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:10 pm

Okay, so I recently fixed the leak in the solar shower. Unfortunately that doesn't do much because I don't have a frame to mount it on, nor do I have any LRT in the right sizes to power my CPH. Maybe if I have enough money after saving for going to NC I can get the LRT and frame, and maybe I can take it to NC.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:57 am

I have LRT. You can have it if you make it to the war. Looking at doing the last week in March now. Unfortunately, it's not amber, and it curves somewhat. So, this would be better for short sections of PC rather than long sections.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:14 pm

It doesn't have to be amber. I just need two layers, I can't remember the diameters though. I use a 1ft pressure chamber. Do you have a frame backpack I can borrow at the war? I just would like to borrow it, I can get an ALICE anytime, but I want to save for the war.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:22 pm

If you let me know ahead of time, yes, and I have 2 layers of LRT. The kind recommended on SSC.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:41 pm

Ok, what I did was use killer7's method (I think that's his name), so you might have a different second layer. I can bring mine, because I don't have a first layer, but I so have a second layer.