Armoured Warfare

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
teamfear

Armoured Warfare

Post by teamfear » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:01 am

Some of you may have read the isoaker.com article: Armoured Warfare" well this post really got me hooked this previous summer to water guns and nerf as i am an avid fan of milsim.

Well i made some designs for armoured vehicles which all are foot powered and made of plywood. They could be destroyed by either WBL's or Titan rockets. The Drawing here have nerf guns on them with thematic cannons but they can easily be switched to Water Guns, which I will most likely do.

There are some expensive feature i added that wouldn't really be possible but I added them to enhance people's imagination. Take a Look...

MBT
This is a heavily armoured vehicle designed for combat.
It has a rotating turret and many weapons. It has a side hatch and a large crew

2x Marine Battery
Oxygen Tank
4 Wheels
Foot Powered

Crew or 6:
1x Driver
2x Human Motors
1x Engineer
3x Gunner

Weapons Systems

The main weapon is a 3” Thematic Cannon located on the turret. It fires Lanard Grenades and Nerf Pocket Footballs. It carries 9 of each. It runs off of the oxygen tank.

There are two EBF-25 Vulcans on board, one on the top of the turret and one beside the driver. They each run off of their own marine battery and carry 200 rounds each.

IFV
Foot Powered
2 Marine Batteries
Oxygen Tank
Crew of 4

This Vehicle is extremely effective against infantry in combat provided that there is infantry assistance and protection from Titan anti rockets

Weapons

The Auto Cannon on this vehicle is capable of knocking out lightly armoured vehicles using cardboard as armour

The IFV has an EBF-25 Vulcan, the standard issue of most armoured vehicles

The Engineer on the back has a magstrike with a slot to shoot out of to cover the back or the vehicle

APC
This is a heavily Armoured Vehicle capable of transporting small quantities of troops safely. Back Hatch

Marine Battery
6 Wheels
Foot Powered
Crew of 6
2xDrivers
4xTroops
1xGunner

Weapons Systems
This Vehicle has a Light Armament Compared to other Heavily armoured vehicles as its main purpose is to transport troops. Never the less this vehicle has a top turret with an EBF-25 Vulcan as the main weapon. On the sides of the vehicle there are 4 slots for small arms to fire out off, 2 facing the front and two facing the back. A Titan Can always replace the Vulcan and is kept onboard along with 4 lanard grenades in case of an encounter with armoured vehicles.

HBV
This heavily armoured vehicle is a moving artillery piece. It is capable of raining down heavy fire on the enemy and knocking out other armoured vehicles. It has a side hatch and has an extremely large crew.

3x Marine Battery
2x Oxygen Tank
Heavy Plywood
6 Wheels
Foot powered

Crew of 10:
5x Gunner
1x Driver
2x Human Motors
2x Engineer

Weapons Systems

The Main Weapons of this vehicle are two 3” Thematic Cannons running off of oxygen tanks firing lanard grenades and Nerf Vortexes.

There are three Vulcan's on board to protect the main weapons.

Suggestions?, Flames?

isoaker

Re: Armoured Warfare

Post by isoaker » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Interesting concepts, but of course, these sorts of vehicles really would only work on fairly flat and smooth terrain. Having some sort of "weak spot" or something would make these sorts of vehicles more "fair" from a water-fight perspective. I wouldn't wish to rely on having to fire water balloons from a water balloon launcher to do real damage since real damage may end up causing real injuries.

Some may like the idea of vehicles in water warfare. I could foresee vehicles having some use, but as most of the games I play are on very variable terrain, such foot-powered wheeled vehicles wouldn't work.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:08 pm

I'd suggest a bit different for the weaponry, such as using modified Vulcans that shoot farther and with higher ROF. (attainable by better battery system and motor, but I haven't looked into it) Also, there should be mounted spring guns if the Vulcans aren't working. I'd suggest some kind of bolt action or muiti-barrel rifle length weapon for this.

As for water, I'd go with some large water tanks and some kind of air tank system for diverting air to a pressurized water tank and a WBL. However, such a system will take quite a lot of work and funding to develop. Perhaps a breech loaded muiti-tank WBL could work here. For the water shooting, you may be able to fit some kind of foot pump for transferring water from a large tank to a pressure chamber.

Now as far as fairness goes, it is very difficult to create a fully enclosed tank, so enemies can always shoot above it to hit those inside. If its too tall for most attacks, don't be surprised to find people trying to get a hole with their hands and then shoot in.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Sun

Post by Sun » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:01 pm

Interesting concept, but as isoaker mentioned earlier, how would you blow one up? Personally, I would prefer light mechanized units to tank type vehicles, because of their all terrain ability.

Verok

Post by Verok » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:11 pm

Me and my dad made a wagon attachment for my bike.It works well and is made from scrap metal and big antifreeze drums(cleaned out of course) any kind of tough plastic would do.It is durable and quite fast depending who is driving.It can not be destroyed but it is vulnerable to water guns and WBLs.The rider is completely exposed,the gunner is somewhat protected.You can carry supplies or people in the wagon or people(not recommended cause the wheels broke and injured a few of us.A gunner and water and a few blasters tends to be light enough.You get good speed on roads though it can be impossible on grass,it depends on the strength of the driver. I think a pick up truck would work best,or a trailer on an ATV.
Super Soaker XP 85 Triple Shot water gun was my first water gun.

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:20 pm

I would use a wbl as an anti tank weapon, There would be rules like either one hit from the wbl and its done or i may use cardboard as the door as mentioned in the previous article and if that was shot off it would be possible to fire inside. I am considering drawing a circle on each sides and if on gets completely dark from wetness the tank is destroyed. This gives it the option of a fps heath system as the damage can dry off, this would be useless in a rainstorm though. I am looking into building a smaller cardboard vehicle to learn from as I need to wait till I can get my first job so I can pay for supplies. I constructed a shell for my wagon which was destroyer by a dumb sibling but it had a turret and i moved well except it needed a driver to pull it, who was unproteted.
thanks

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:49 pm

I Have 3 CAD's of my tank (without a turret design), the tank wood frame (to be covered in cardboard) and my cannon carridge design for a wbl I am building.

Also if you want bigger pictures just follow this link to the album http://s692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... nonwbl.jpg