Latest Mod/Build

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
isoaker

Latest Mod/Build

Post by isoaker » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:42 am

Modded a soaker recently or built something from scratch? Let us know about your work! Give us a brief overview of the sort of mod or build you did and how well your project turned out. If it's an on-going project, let us know what stage you have reached and how things are progressing. This thread, akin to the Latest Soaker / Water Blaster thread, is meant to chronicle and showcase members' mods and creations.

For modded stock blasters, tell us what blaster you modded and what things you did to try to improve it. Include, if available, the resulting new blaster stats (i.e. new ranges, new output measurements, improved capacities).

For homemade blasters, let us know what you built or are in the process of building. For homemade blasters, please only detail blasters that are at least functional, not ones that are only in the designing or early building stages. Describe, if possible, its size/shape/dimensions, the type of pressurization system it is using, and how well it performs.

In either case, pictures of the blaster as well as action shots and shot pics would be great additions, too!

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Re: Latest Mod/Build

Post by steelboot. » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:26 pm

I have recently changed my CPS 2100 shotgun back to a CPS 21k.

Stats:

CPS 2100 (stock):

Output: roughly 200 ml/sec
Range: 38 ft.
Shot Time: 3.3 sec

CPS 2100 shotgun:

Output: 310 ml/sec
Range: 15-20 ft. ,varies
Shot Time: 2 sec

CPS 21k (20 balloons)

Output: 240 ml/sec
Range: 48-51 ft.
Shot Time: 2.9 sec.

Also, I gave it a strap by opening it up and tying string around 2 screw holes/slots, letting one end of each loop stick out of the gun. I closed the gun with the loops sticking out making it possible to attach a strap to the stable loop.

I will be giving my 2500 1 layer of bike tubes sometime in the future, but likely won't for a while as I have been very busy with homework.
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

Sun

Post by Sun » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:19 pm

APH: Stats
Range 1/4 stream: 60 ft.

That's all I've measured so far.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:39 pm

-APH: Needs a reservoir, some leaks need to be repaired. Best range: ~55'
-CPH: Needs some things added on, have yet to shoot it.
-Max-D 6000 PRVD+nozzle drill (actually Croc did this), top range: ~40-45', and the nozzles are all bigger than the original biggest.

steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Post by steelboot. » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:12 pm

I have changed my 21k.20 back to a shotgun, seeing as there is no need for it now that our team has acquired another CPS 1000. Only, this time, it has balloons, making it the 21k.20 shotgun.

Stats:

Output: 540 ml/sec (full PC in 1 second)
Range: 5-10 feet, depending on amount pumped
Shot Time: 1 sec pumped fully, if not pumped fully, 1> sec
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:09 pm

Any of you guys got pics or even shot pics of your mods/homemades that you can share, too?

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:10 pm

On Nov 08 I got a Hydro Blitz. On late Jan this year it was not building pressure. I opened it just to learn that the pump system went dead.

I had a Tiger Shark since early Dec 08. I took the pressure chamber from the Hydro Blitz and replaced the one on the Tiger Shark.

Took me about 2 days looking for parts around the house and performing the mod. Now the pressure chamber hangs from a side, kinda resembling a shock rifle or something. Power, range, shot time and usable water have notably improved, so has pump times, force required to pump and weight gone up, not to mention now is off balance and difficult to carry it on the right hand.

I was unable to connect it from the top opening of the pressure chamber as the water tank would not let it fit, nor the parts I was able to find and use. So I place it as you see on the pics and the other way around, thought it was better the way it looks now. I could have place it in a way it would go upwards but then it would block your view or hit your face. What I basically did was to use an orange garden hose splitter which has a tight fit with the gun opening, but was quite loose on the pressure chambers opening. So I used some thick rubber rings and vaseline on both ends. Afterward I sealed the unused ends on both, the splitter and the pressure chamber, and used some straps to hold everything together. It definitely works as it is, and has no leaks at all since first assembly, but also hurts the eyes, needs some sort of extreme make over.

This is a basic table showing Before/Now specs (Largest nozzle only for now):

Level - 45 Degrees - Shot Time - Pumps
8M/9.5M - 9M/11.5M - 3s/4.5s - 13/30

Still haven´t tested smaller nozzles, nor current weight when full.

Considering that I have changed a 0.4L pressure chamber with a 0.9L one, plus the 1.4L water tank, you can say it is now a 2.3L water gun overall, giving about 2 full shots and a half. Recoil is also clearly felt now when using the largest nozzle.
DSC00213.JPG
DSC00213.JPG (137.19 KiB) Viewed 4664 times
DSC00214.JPG
DSC00214.JPG (125.38 KiB) Viewed 4665 times
Hey, this smiles are cool :cps2500:
Last edited by Azrael on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:50 am

Azrael wrote:I would show you some pictures, although I guess I would have to upload them somewhere else I believe? like another server? if not, I just don´t know how. Probably will make a youtube video and post it here?

Hey, this smiles are cool :cps2500:
Pictures would be great! You can attach/upload pictures directly here in your post (see the "Upload attachment tab" below when you're posting). Sounds like an interesting mod and would love to see what you've done and hear more about how it performs now!

isoaker

Latest Workshop Projects

Post by isoaker » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:11 am

What are you working on in your workshop these days? Building something new? Repairing something old? Or modifying an existing item to enhance its performance, looks, and/or add more functionality?

Share your latest project ideas with the group!

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Latest Workshop Projects

Post by SEAL » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:53 am

I'm not doing anything at the moment, but once winter rolls around, I will start construction on a CPH. I already have plans for it, and will be posting lots of pictures when I start building.

I'm also gonna do a nozzle drill on my Max-D 3000, because the nozzle is a little chewed up (I got it off ebay, so I don't know how it happened. Maybe a dog was chewing on it.), and is affecting performance. I'm actually planning to do that pretty soon.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:43 pm

My workshop has been dormant for months; haven't been keeping up on repairs.

I have two 4100's to patch up yet again (despite already working on them like 50 times before), and several friends' water guns to fix up. I don't know if I'll ever even get to it...
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:34 pm

My "workshop" (more like temporary workshop-area at the moment :goofy:) is primarily used for opening blasters to take internal pics and the occasional water blaster repair job. Last repair I did was on one of my XP215s (not a pretty job, but did fix its functionality while butchering its pump cap). My next project will likely be more water blaster openings, but time will tell when and which one. Too many other virtual projects going on at the moment.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:44 pm

I have a lot in the works, I've been prity bisy latly so most of it probaly wont get done for a wile.

Broken CPS 2100:
I found it in a trash can, half the pump track is gone and so is the pump. My plain is to saw off the remaining pump track and atach a new homemade pump rod and pump. A rod mounted, insted of track.

Broken CPS 4100:
It's actuly a friends, but he says I can have it as long as he gets to use it when I invite him to a battle. It's still at his house so I can't be shore about the problem, but he says it's just a broken triger. I plane to take it apart and try and fix it, might make a post if I nead help.

Helix mod:
The Helix already fires like a shotgun so I find the adjustable nozzle usless. I plain to buy a new one, (I like my old one and don't want to break it acidently), and attach a ruber band around the mechanizm so it stays narrow.

Homade pistoles:
I have a concept for 2 CPS pistols (I might try and home make them who knows). They would be about the size of a Max-D 2000, but function like a CPS Splashzooka. The user would have a 50oz hip pack, like the 50 maxinfusion aquapack, with a handle on the top for stability and a pump. When not in use the pistols would go in holsters on either side of the hip pack, nozzle first, and they would lock in place. When you pumped the hip pack it would fill the CPS chamber in the pistols through the nozzle. The hip pack would eliminate the need for the holding tank to be on the guns themselves there for allowing more room for the CPS chamber. They would fire at about the rate of a Max D 2000 so they would have maybe 10-15 seconds of shot time as a last resort weapon.

I hope to get at leats one done in the next year. Sorry about the bad spelling, I can't run it through Microsoft word's spellcheck right now.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:29 pm

I drilled out my Max-D 3000 nozzle today. The results are beautiful! It now fires as if it were brand new! :D

Some more things that I have to get to work on:

Max-D 2000 trigger repair:
My MD 2000's trigger broke a while ago, so I have to open it up and fix it. I HATE Max-D triggers...

Arctic Blast trigger repair:
My AB's trigger tends to stick, so I have to open it up for the third (And hopefully the last) time, and try to permanently fix the trigger mechanism. Once again, I'll tell you how much I hate Max-D triggers...

Build a CPH:
Now that winter is almost here, I will start work on a CPH. I have a design for it, and I will try to build it sometime soon.

Mod my Hydroblade:
I have a broken Hydroblade from ebay, that I've been thinking about doing some kind of heavy mod on it, to turn it into something truly powerful. I don't know if I can do it or not, but I will try. Probably not for a while yet though.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:49 pm

the last mod i've done that was not a soaker-nerf conversion (that succeeded)is... well... i can't really remember. last time i can remember modding was in '08. i gave my AB an interchangeable nozzle mod.

my most recent (failed) attempt was to give my SB a trigger. i wound up bending the valve rod and it wouldn't shoot anymore. so i ditched it and converted it into a nerf blaster (that works surprisingly well!)
isoaker_com wrote:Any of you guys got pics or even shot pics of your mods/homemades that you can share, too?

no. i rarely photograph anything blaster-related unless there is a person wielding it.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:11 pm

I took apart my Vanquisher. I'm trying to K-mod it, but the bladder is too big. I'll have to try to find some punching balloons; that should do it.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:44 pm

I got the punching balloons and Kmodded the bladder. Now the only problem is it won't fit back in the reservoir. :/ I also need to get a new clamp.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:52 pm

For most CPS k-mods, you have to use the screws to force the case back together if you don't have a usable clamp for the situation. I never opened up a Vanquisher nor Vindicator so I'm not sure what the exact case is for those. (Slight pun intended.) The Vindicator's PC case/reservoir seems to be spatially restricted which won't allow it to slip on easily on a power-mod. Sounds like an anti-modding BBT conspiracy, now that I think about it.

Unfortunately, I don't have a whole lot of ideas either. You may have some success with a cylinderical PC instead, using craft balloons and/or LRT.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:29 pm

The clamp isn't the PC on the Vanquisher. The clamp and PC casing are seperate, like on a cylandrical CPS. There's a hole in the front reservoir for the bladder to stick into, but it's a little too small for a K-modded bladder. I might be able to squeeze it in. If not, I'll have to take off some layers. You can see how G-JIV K-modded his Vanquisher at SSC.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 pm

K-mod was successful. Ranges are about the same, but the stream is thicker.