Water Balloon Lancher thread. - Anything about them.

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
Stencil

Post by Stencil » Thu May 25, 2006 10:02 am

Never had a go with one but lots of people like them.

Post anything about them here.

Links Too!

I've found these:

T-Shirt Lancher
Could be modified, Rather pricey.

A water ballon in mid burst!
It's a pic. Awesome.

Speedbeetle06

Post by Speedbeetle06 » Thu May 25, 2006 3:44 pm

Sweet pic dude. Thats awesome.

As for the water balloon launcher, an old idea I had was to get large diamater PVC, attach a bicycle pump for pressure to the end of it, make some sort of trigger mechanism that moves out of the way when you pull it(like the Flash Flood riot blast trigger, but with an actual trigger) and put a bipod at the end of it.

Just an old thought.

:soakon2:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu May 25, 2006 5:03 pm

I think those like Duxburian can build a much, much less costly alternative to those T-shirt launchers.

I believe I've seen the pic of the balloon bursting before, though I believe it was taken after a pin puncture, not an impact.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Thu May 25, 2006 5:14 pm

APOL-style water balloon launchers cost about $25-60 to make, with better ranges than those on that site. Heck, the Douchenator's vertical range [~300ft] is better than all of the t-shirt launchers' angled ranges. And using plain old PVC, which they seem to look down upon. Then again, T-shirt launchers are meant to distribute soft clothing, not bombard fortifications from half a battlefield away.

Although lacrosse balls are pretty sweet for launching for fun in the Douchenator. Ranges of 1000ft +. You lose sight of the ball and there is no way to calculate the range beyond sight vision.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

m15399

Post by m15399 » Thu May 25, 2006 6:06 pm

T-shirt launchers are bound to get low ranges because they shoot low mass projectiles (t-shirts).

Seen this?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2638545730

Speedbeetle06

Post by Speedbeetle06 » Thu May 25, 2006 8:13 pm

How exactly do you build a water balloon launcher? Was my idea a good one or a bad one?

m15399

Post by m15399 » Fri May 26, 2006 12:13 am

http://soakermedia.sscentral.org/water_ ... uncher.php
That's the eversopopular Douchenator, and some larger, more complex ones can be seen in the homemades section of sscentral.org.

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Fri May 26, 2006 10:22 am

From say, 200ft away would it hurt to be hit by a water balloon from a water balloon launcher?

Maddermadcat

Post by Maddermadcat » Fri May 26, 2006 11:17 am

You know, you can buy pretty primitive waterballoon launchers. They're pretty much slightly modified slingshots. My friend found some online, the cheapest model ($10) could launch balloons pretty far, 90 yards, I believe... At least that's what it said. More expensive ones can do 140 yards. Another thing you could try, another friend of mine got an "Airzooka" (or something...) at Canada's Wonderland. Also similar to a slingshot...
The nonsensical leader of the Snow Cats.
Now the proud owner of a flash flood with an aquapack!

Speedbeetle06

Post by Speedbeetle06 » Sun May 28, 2006 10:45 pm

I have an Airzooka, and you just gave me an idea on how to make it a WBL.

All you would really have to do is make the hole bigger on the end of it(so the water baloon dosen't hit it and burst right there in front of you) and that would probably be a nice WBL.

Thanks!

aerokinetic

Post by aerokinetic » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:39 am

I have an idea for a very simple,yet effective WBL.Make an ordinary slingshot,punch a hole large enought for the neck of the balloon to go through,pull the neck back for range.You have to be careful while doing it,or the balloon will bust in the pouch.
Before you judge someone,walk a mile in their shoes.After that,who cares?They're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:54 pm

I just use plain old 3 person slings on Lightning. Granted, my WBL teams are highly trained individuals who can put a balloon on a telephone line from 100+ yds, (see "My Greatest War Story: Seige of Baptist Hall") and as of last year I had seven teams, but just for soakfests, slings will do.

Although, I am thinking about a Douchenator to hit the Zion church with from our parking lot....
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"