Douchenator Wins a Competition

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
DX

Post by DX » Sun May 13, 2007 8:24 pm

One of my friends in Duxbury, MA literally just contacted me. He entered some rocket competition and guess what he decided to build? A Douchenator! Not only did he build one, but he won the competition! :laugh:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sun May 13, 2007 8:38 pm

Hah! Sweet! I 'm thinking about using mine for science fair next year. That's so cool that a piece of soakerdom just won a competition.
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon May 14, 2007 7:51 am

Cool! What was the goal of the competition? Is your friend willing to share pics of his prize-winning project?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

mutuhaha

Post by mutuhaha » Mon May 14, 2007 7:56 am

Hey, same here, last year at least. They held a rocket competition for the sec3s (equivalent of 9th grade I think).

The engineering team entered and used the WBL, and smashed the record of 36m, with a score of 102m. Once we fired our first round, the competition among the others was for second and third place.

No clause preventing the use of WBLs anyway ("must be propelled by air and/or water pressure"). Hehe.

This year I heard the added a clause to say that it must have "self propulsion" by the respective pressure method. Oh well, at least we made an lasting impact on their rules.
118th Urban Corp

Adeptus Exterminatus Extremis, Noobis Exitus Proxima

DX

Post by DX » Mon May 14, 2007 10:47 am

The goal was time in the air. My friend used a smaller barrel [probably 1.5" or 2". Hang time for a Douchenator could probably exceed 8 seconds with the right sized object and enough pressure.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

JJJJJJ272

Post by JJJJJJ272 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:08 am

What an appropriate name...
:bm1000: :bm2700: :cps3000: :bmhelix: :blazer:
:flashflood: :cps2500: :soakthemall: :surprise: