A wild idea I have... - Armed RC helicopter

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
bb1

Post by bb1 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:10 pm

Scrap that idea completely.
Hovercrafts all the way :cool:

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:35 pm

Hovercraft?
That's gonna be real expensive to be able to carry any kind of payload, considering that the integrity of the blast retainers must be kept perfectly intact for it to function; even a light load can weigh a cheap one down enough to scrape and lose the air cushion. It's a cool idea, and I can see in my mind an image of a $30,000 hovercraft with a plexiglass cover and externally mounted, remote triggered blasters carving its way across the battlefield, the ultimate water warfare tank. HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE!?!?!? When I strike rich on ebay, ya'll can help me build it and we'll be invincible! :bringit: :mxsoak:

Edited By Leviathan on 1175477928
Heavy artillery + high ground = an easy battle.
Why else would they call me Leviathan?
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

10rleave

Post by 10rleave » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:45 am

STOP!!!

I've had quite a lot of experience with RC Hovercraft. DON'T BUY IT!!! They can't go up any type of slope.... They just don't work as well as they should. The battery life is lame, and if you put a pencil on top of one then they'd collapse 'cause of the weight. Also, the idea of a long range attack would never work because the range of your Radio Tranmitter is minimal. I'm sorry people, but it won't work, trust me (unless you get the hovercar that Leviathan was talking about, or you manage to mod it really well.).

It is quite cool the way you can drive them on water... But I put mine on ice and it got stuck. Yes, stuck in the middle of a frozen pond 20m across. It was disasterous. Bye bye mr. hovercraft.

I still think you need to try and mod an RC car. Get one that can drive over rough terrain and mod it to soak. I like the idea of a turret - dunno how to do it though.

Lemme know if you figure out how you actually fire the pistol once it's mounted on your RC vehicle.
I desperately need CPS guns... please help me!!!

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Personally, I believe that either a RC plane or car would be best. Only problems I could think of are:

1) Unless you stay very close to the target, how will you see where you are aiming? The best way to overcome this would be to add a video camera; however, that would greatly add to the price and weight. You could perhaps have a spotter, but since you wouldn't actually be able to see the airplane, it would be like driving blindfolded - you'd have no clue where you were going, and a momentary lapse in judgment by the spotter could cause a crash.

2) The shift of weight. If using a water gun style device, the water will cause a gradual shift in the center of gravity of the plane which should be able to be corrected rather easily. However, the soakage would be relatively ineffective unless a large cannon is used, which would be impractical. If water balloons were used, there would be a relatively large amount of water applied to the target. Unfortunately, the rapid shift in weight could cause erratic behavior by the carrier, causing a crash. Although, if the water balloons were aligned horizontally with the center of gravity and dropped symmetrically, this wouldn't be a significant problem (theoretically).

3) There isn't really a way to see where you're aiming, unless you use a camera as in #1.

I think that, for long distance bombardment, it would be cheaper and more effective to build a few high-powered WBLs, buy a few GPS devices, and use those (find angle + distance between the two, then fire based on that).

Although it would be very fun to see a wing of aircaft strafing ground targets with waterguns :).

bb1

Post by bb1 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:44 pm

I'm sick of all this crap talk!!

*Goes outside to silo*

All I have to do is type in the coordinates... WB launched anywhere in 2000km.

bb1- creater of WB artillery strike :cool: :soakon:

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:39 pm

I could use somethin like that.....

Got any extras? ???
"Artillery batteries, prepare to fire. XLs, dual aquastorm. Balloons, quick burst, short range. Battery commanders, FIRE AT WILL!"

bb1

Post by bb1 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:47 pm

Well, no.

But if you are feeling brave, ride that little chair I have in my avatar into combat! THAT WOULD BE THE FUNNEST SOAK FEST EVER!!!

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:30 pm

YEAH!! :cool:

A commander's tank-chair-thing.... It really does look like fun, have you ever rode it? :p

Edited By Leviathan on 1176258773

bb1

Post by bb1 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:20 pm

No :(

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:10 pm

Well dadgummit.

Does it work like a wheelchair with a joystick on the arm?

bb1

Post by bb1 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:40 pm

dennizvu1107

Re: A wild idea I have... - Armed RC helicopter

Post by dennizvu1107 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:07 pm

*goes to Toys 'R Us and gets a Hummer RC car*
*brings it home and duct tapes a gun to it*
*does some type of thing where you can push a button and it'll shoot*
*adds battery powered wi-fi cam*
*grabs laptop and runs off into bushes to shoot friend*

That is SOO hard :P .

robotwarsrules

Re: A wild idea I have... - Armed RC helicopter

Post by robotwarsrules » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:57 am

i am making robot BLIMP with my dad maybe u could make (or buy and mod) a radio control one, that has hatches on each side to drop water balloons through?!?
My armoury
  • helix, flash flood, black widow, 2x jet, stingray