PVC Designer

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
Scavenger

Post by Scavenger » Sun May 14, 2006 1:44 am

Ok, I have been working on this program, and now it's finished. You can use it to make homemade designs.
It's all click-and-drag, there are different pipe sizes and some specialty parts. The down arrow opens a menu to change sizes, and the curved arrow rotates the pipe. Dragging the piece to the trash can destroys it. You can save and load .pvc files (native to this program) or save them as a bitmap (.bmp).

Version 1.0 Download

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun May 14, 2006 8:45 am

Great stuff! I recall you talking about this once-upon-a-time at SSC, but it's nice to see you pushed ahead with it. Great start!

Do you plan on continuing to upgrade this program? If so, there be numerous things I'm sure myself as well as other members would love to see added. (BTW, cool/funky/funny 'Help' menu)

At any rate, thanks for sharing the program! Now, excuse me while I play around with some virtual PVC... :goofy:

Heck, this thing really gives me a great idea for a summer contest: best soaker design using PVC_Designer. I suppose the only problem with such a contest is that it's only open to those able to run the program (Windows-only program, I assume). :cool:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Scavenger

Post by Scavenger » Sun May 14, 2006 10:22 am

isoaker_com wrote:Do you plan on continuing to upgrade this program? If so, there be numerous things I'm sure myself as well as other members would love to see added.
Yea, It's pretty simple to add parts, just list what you'd like to see, and I'll add it.

And yes, it's Windows-only.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Sun May 14, 2006 10:49 am

Please no contest like that... maybe best design, but you can't make everyone use PVC designer. I would have to go out and buy a new computer to enter a contest like that.

Scavenger

Post by Scavenger » Sat May 20, 2006 6:39 pm

OK, I've added a few more parts, you can download it at the same site (just click the link, it's the newest version). I added tracked pipe, metal ball valves, and couplings, which can double as pump handles. :laugh:

Croc

Post by Croc » Mon May 22, 2006 7:11 am

the PVC designer is awesome! nice job with it scavenger. I noticed that you lack schrader valves in it. If you could add those, it would be great

Maddermadcat

Post by Maddermadcat » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:07 pm

Hey, did you make that with GM? I'm a user as well...
EDIT: NVM, I guess you did. I downloaded the file, a .gm6 is included. :D

Edited By Maddermadcat on 1151107884
The nonsensical leader of the Snow Cats.
Now the proud owner of a flash flood with an aquapack!