Water Nuke! - incomplete idea on how to make one

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:14 pm

i know i know, i am very crazy. anyway, here's my idea so far:
You need a big container of some sort (15L+ bottle, big garbage can, etc.), this will be the basic body of the "nuke". then, you will need an "oversized balloon" to give the nuke a good amount of pressure. basically the balloon should be attached to the sides of the container and be able to expand a great deal. in order to fill the nuke properly i believe an unremovable quick-fill cap type thing should be used, to keep expanding the balloon. and i only have a slight idea about how it would blast water (what kind of nozzle, how trigger will work), but for the trigger i'm thinking of having it be controlled from a distance (ie. with a string attached to something blocking the water). here are a few pictures to show my idea so far:
(the puple thing is a hose)
(a basic idea of how it fires. sorry about the pointy streams)

Edited By mr. dude on 1143925283

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:20 pm

Great idea, it's overkill for most war's, but it has it's uses. :cool:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:44 pm

thanks for the quick reply LIGHT ANNIHILATOR, i thought i would have a use or two (better than those puny fan blasts:P).
any ideas for the trigger mechanism or improvements on the nuke? What problems does the idea have, how can they be fixed? etc.

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:27 am

ok, heres my take on it. i dont thing that putting a ballon (or any other highly elastic material) would apply enough pressure and it wouldnt squirt that far. maybe if you added a bungie or two to the bottom of the diaphram that could add a little more pressure. also this could help act as a trigger mechanism by having whatever the bungie is hooked to at the bottom let go and realease the water. im sure there could be a way to rig this with an outside trigger such as a tripwire or something. all in all, if it could be done then it could be a good base defence.

:flashflood:
more reliable then a max-D trigger