2 mods that every water warrior should have

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
SilverFist

Post by SilverFist » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:03 pm

The taped/marked nozzles

of CPS 3200
of CPS 2700

This will let you know which nozzle you use. In the heat of battle, you have no time to flip your soaker over and check your nozzles' size.

Prevents banging and noise from your cap.

I do not take credit for these simple mods (I got them from a website, forgot which though... :goofy: ). They are so simple and effective that I think every single water warrior should have them. So do you have these mods?

freak

Post by freak » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:15 pm

Nice mods, though I alredy use both of the mods. :)

Edited By freak on 1122945358
End world hunger and overpopulation, Support cannibalism.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:20 pm

I've got better than just labling the nozzle: my Super Soaker CPS 2700 has a modified nozzle with a handle to make rotation easier. The nozzles are also labled, but I can tell what nozzle it is on from a quick glance at the position of the handle most of the time.

I love how you used a sponge for the second modification! I've done that before on my Super Soaker Vaporizer when I added a pressure chamber and larger nozzle. Read my Attaching reservoir caps modification to see how I did it (should be a "repair" but they were "broken" from their creation!).

On my homemade nozzle selectors (threaded type), I usually write what drill bit size I use now on the side several times. That's not a good way to determine the output, but I usually don't use nozzles that are very large. There's 3 essential nozzles to me: a small one with a long duration, one maximized for range, and a riot-blast. I find myself using the duration nozzle more often that the rest (mostly due to the added duration!). :)

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:52 pm

Taped nozzles... simple and effective. I tend to just write on mine, but tape probably stands out better.

The sponge-holder is nice. Much simpler and less noisy than any other tether-device I've seen. I've often considered wrapping some of the stock plastic-tethers in sponge-type material to keep them from making noises when hitting the sides of the reservoir. Perhaps a full replacement would be a better idea.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: