New APH Done-With Pics!

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
DX

Post by DX » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:12 pm

My 2nd APH is done, and was tested just now. Unfortunately it is night on the East Coast, so I couldn't get any range stats being that I couldn't see much in the dark.

It is an original design and very compact for a homemade, just a little larger than a CPS 1500. This one has a tracked pump like my first and all future homemades.
I also used a metal ball valve which works almost better than some triggers!

This APH actually feels and works like a normal gun, with the exception of the water that spills from the pump; all homemade pumps have that to some degree.

Here's the pics:

marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:53 am

Nice job and pics!

Share the stats on your homemade when you get a chance, not to mention some action pics if you can.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:12 pm

Well, I forgot to get stream shots, but I did get some stats:

On 1/4, the effective range was 45-49ft, couldn't find the last drop [grass lawn]. It was less than 55ft, though, because no drops reached the patio which is 55ft from where I shoot for measurements.

Shot time was ~3 secs on 1/4, ~4 secs on 5/32, and ~1 sec on 3/8. The riot blast isn't all that good because the pc is small. But it only takes 8-10 pumps to fill the pc, 17 if you want more pressure and therefore more range.

You get 4-5 shots from the reservoir, which is pretty good seeing as the gun is so small overall and some water is wasted from the pump.

Overall, this homemade is just like having a manufactured gun only with a leaky pump and unconventional pump handle. :laugh:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:40 pm

<Bump>

Here are some stream shot images of the APH:

APH shooting on 5/32"

APH shooting on 1/4"

APH shooting on 3/8"

firesfromabove

Post by firesfromabove » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:08 pm

nice job, i have a new idea for a pumping system and i dont have the resourses maybe u can help?
heres the idea, get ur hands on a battery pump that will work off 24 or 12 volts and use it in line with a large tank or line feed from a water source, like youd put it after the tank and before the nozzle with check valves and a resevoir just before the nozzle with a bladder for some extra pressure :laugh: