homemade cps system - simple pvc setup

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
frankenbike

Post by frankenbike » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:30 pm

I also thought of another "if you ain't careful, y'all might just get hurt" option for a tank. You can get an adaptor to use those small under $10 propane tanks as an air tank. You'd have to vent all the propane (and contribute to global warming, if it's true what they say about greenhouse gasses), do some fill and flush to get all the propane out, and then you'd have a nice, compact steel tank with a real pressure rating of around 300psi, and fittings, and pressure release valves (PRVs). The settings for PRVs vary from 250psi (American Society of Mechanical Engineers standard) to 312psi (DOT) to 375psi (home BBQ tanks).

http://wolfstone.halloweenhost.com/Hallowe....nk.html

I think the second version could be turned into a turret and be used for base defense. The barrel could be easily mounted. I like the concept.

Actually, I'm using the second design for a backpack mounted assault soaker.

Only drawback to the propane and fire extinguisher thing is that you can't transport them on an airplane, even if they're empty.