Hmm... Just a thought... - soda-blaster!

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
FlameKnight

Post by FlameKnight » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:19 am

I was just thinking, since a freshly opened bottle of pepsi can pressurise with just a little shaking, (theoretically) couldn't you have a (resevoir pressure type) blaster that required no pumping if filled with soda?

No particular advantage to this, just a bit of a novelty, but do you think a soda-blaster (perhaps an XP 40) would fire at all?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:17 am

Yes, but being hit by carbonated water in the face isn't too pleasant (not to mention it really stings if you get it in your eyes). The main problem is that you'd need to buy carbonated water to keep your blaster going. As well, their is a pressure limit due to the amount of carbon dioxide available in carbonated water.

Neat thought, but not practical for water fights.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:46 pm

There are things called soda-streams (they turn flat into fizzy!), that way you could just carbonate normal water. I like the idea, maybe it would work on a gun like the triple play because you could screw in the pressurised cartridges.

acericardo

Post by acericardo » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:11 pm

If u get a coke or panda pops bottle and scratch the bottom stand part on a wall and shake it, it makes a pretty cool water pistol that can fire about 2 metres. Me and my friends discovered this at a school fete.

Edited By acericardo on 1112818456
acericardo