Jeep-mounted soaker turret - crazy idea but pretty fun

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:12 pm

i know the 'troop transport' threads are getting pretty crazy lately, but i had a pretty cool idea. this is probably more useful for doing drive-bys on friends than use in water warfare, but what te heck. i was riding in the back of a friend's willys jeep today, and i grabbed my 2700 so i could do some drivebys on random stuff like trees and mailboxes. well i took the strap and hung it over this metal bar sticking up from the back, and made a nice little turret. now i no longer had to hold the gun up, i just had to shoot and aim. this could potentially be done with two of the same gun for a double barreled turret. i made a badly-drawn diagram (as if you needed one) in paint.

-The Wizard of Water

hunter

Post by hunter » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:04 am

interesting, you could probably moddify it a little to be better, but i cant quite think of how.
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:26 am

Hahaha, actually yesterday when we had our battle, we had two cars drive our team to the battlefield. On the way back we only had one so people were hanging out of the windows a little bit. I was weilding a gun outside one of the windows. If I were you, I would not use a CPS 1500. I would think about making a homemade to put uptop there. Maybe even a WBL.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:31 am

i used a 2700 but a 1500 was easier to draw. :D but yeah i was also thinking it would be useful to have an enclosed area where you could stand up (the suspension was really bad so i would not want to stand up) and mount some type of turret on top of the bar. i never thought of a WBL though, that would be fun.

:(Image
-The Wizard of Water

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:36 pm

sounds a little far fetched to me. :(
:flashflood: :soaked:

hehe...
You don't want supersoaker as your enemy!