tripwire booby trap - made an awesome one

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:18 pm

okay well today i had the idea to build a water squirting device with a balloon stuck inside a water bottle like a cps gun sorta. me and mone of my friends did a little, no a lot of tinkering and built this sweet booby trap. here are instructions:

Water bottle/balloon water squirter/ booby trap:

parts needed:
2 liter soda bottle with cap
electrical tape
about 5 feet of string
a regular party balloon
a drill with a drill bit about 1/4 inch across
a rubber hose washer
tent stakes(optional)
Camo spraypaint(optional)

to start,you need to stick the balloon inside the bottle, but leave some sticking out. strech this around the top of the bottle, down below the white plastic thing that comes attached to the cap. now the balloon is securely attached inside the bottle.next, drill a 1/4 inch hole in the middle of the cap. screw it on, and you're done with the bottle part.
you may want to test your bottle assembly now. to do this, press your sink's sprayer nozzle onto the bottle cap. now fill it up until the balloon is about 5 inches across, then move the spray head away really quickly and put your finger over the hole. to test it, just remove your finger(duh). it should spray about 10 feet.
to assemble the trip line, take the string and wrap one end with electrical tape until it fits very snugly in the hole you drilled in the cap. it sometimes helps to tie a knot in the string first and then wrap tape around that so you don't need to use up so much tape. next, stick the end of the string with the tape seal into the hole in the bottle. you might have to stick it in from the back, but you should be able to yank it out of the hole without too much force. if it gets stuck remove a layer or two of tape and try again. now to fill it, stick the entire taped part of the string down inside the bottle, place the rubber hose washer on the bottle cap to form a good seal(it's okay if the string is under the washer, although you may need to make a groove in the cap for the string if it leaks), then just press your sink sprayer down like before and spray. the next part is much easier if you have a friend. very quickly take the sprayer away and pull on the string at the same time. not enough to yank the string from the bottle, jus enough to jam the tabe into the hole and seal it. don't worry if it drips, it still lasts a long time.

now just prop it up around your base, and tie the other end of the sring to a tree.the tent stakes help keep the bottle in place when the string is pulled. if you want, you can paint it camoflage, this helps immensly. i painted my bottle and string green and brown, and covered the bottle with leaves. if you did'nt know it was there, i doubt you would notice it at all.

sorry my instructions were so long, it really is'nt that complicated, but i'll have pics up soon and those will help a lot.
-The Wizard of Water

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:23 am

Sounds like a pretty good trap. I would use mutiple balloons (kind of like a k-mod :p). it would then feel like the victim was being hit by a 5x CPS blast. Thinking that they were being shot by a real soaker, most would instantly turn in the direction of the blast and look around to see who shot them. This is when you have a couple of soldiers set up to snipe him while he is distracted. Could become very effective. :)

I've made a tripwire triggered trap before. It turned out to be very effective. Basically it consisted of a concealed oversized water balloon that was suspended in a tree. When the trip wire was hit, and it only had to be quite gently, a sewing needle or similar with weight and momentum behind it would swing down, pop the balloon and shower a giant amount of water on the victim. If you want to read about it and how I did it, I wrote instructions on how to make it.

Edited By Falcon on 1091604304

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:59 am

Cool! Pics would help, though. Definitely interested in pushing this up reformatted onto iSoaker.com main pages, themselves.
:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Space_Cowboy

Post by Space_Cowboy » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:58 pm

That's one friggin' awesome idea man! :)
It sounds like it'll work pretty darn well.
:soakon2:

EDIT: Err, it looks something like this, right? (Excuse my terrible vectoring skills.)

Edited By Space_Cowboy on 1091674879
With a name like Manhole Mayhem, it has to be good...

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:15 pm

yeah, pretty much. i'll have pics up on sunday or monday, i'm in maine now.
-The Wizard of Water

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:33 pm

Very nice idea. Sounds like you invented a new type of trap. However I could see this as being used for a quick grenade shot. Just like the theatrics of a wine bottle when you sahke it and pull out the screw, except here pressure is already built inside the balloon. To get it to work, you need to have the water going in at a good pressure so the balloon doesn't rupture or water comes out the opposite direction. The Republic will definatly be putting this under prototyes to try.

-iceman

Edited By Iceman on 1092418442
_

DoubleONothing

Post by DoubleONothing » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:39 pm

(Lol, You mean a Champagne Bottle Ice)

This seems like it would work very well, What with the plug. The Only other thing I'd Suggest would be dipping the tape in wax to prevent it from leaking around. My mother sells wax massage things and that seems to be water proof.
SILENCE

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:35 pm

the nozzle is actually bigger than a 10x nozzle, beleive it or not! anything smaller just di'dnt sem to be big enough.
and the blast lasts for about 2 seconds! :p
-The Wizard of Water