Homemade or CPS 2000

Guides and discussions about building water blasters and other water warfare devices such as water balloon launchers.
poonti

Post by poonti » Sat May 27, 2006 7:25 am

Can a well made homemade super soaker beat a CPS 2000?

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Sat May 27, 2006 7:26 am

Yes, very much so. I'm sure Duxburian can tell you all about it.
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat May 27, 2006 8:16 am

A well-made homemade can beat any past, present, or future stock water blaster since homemades don't have the restrictions stock manufactured soakers have.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sat May 27, 2006 8:43 am

And I would build a homemade soaker if I was able to get the parts easily and had instructions for one. But being from the UK its annoying as you can't easily make one.

And all these members saying that they love members making homemades and WBL's, which to them if you don't make them then you are not considered important to them (most of them are on SSCentral and SoakerMedia, and some even post here, you know who you are), why don't you just learn that we all aren't as fortunate as you for getting parts and having access to things that you practically see in your life everyday like bits of easily accessible and right PVC. And also just learn that your expectations are too high wanting a stock gun to shoot 50ft, too bad some have already been severly brainwashed from modding and all that, get a grip. I think you and I know who I'm talking to there.

I could go on forever but there is no point. Some members of soakerdom have just gone too crazy and that's that to me.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat May 27, 2006 9:13 am

@Wild Boys: there be some great articles I've received from Peter_MJ that will be reposted on iSoaker.com soon that present a lot of good thoughts on stock and homemade soakers, covering some of the issues you've raised in your post above.

That said, while perhaps some are too 'elitist', that's just differences in expression. At the same time, while perhaps currently unrealistic for expect the average stock soaker to push a stream beyond 50', there is also merit in wanting more. There must be a balance with appreciation of what is available in stores while also trying to address shortcomings members find as they use the products.

At the same time, part of me wonders whether some of the problem arises from a lack of a common, accepted organized rule set. With sports like hockey or baseball, the rules of the game set acceptable limits on equipment used while not detracting from the overall gameplay. Those games are set up in a way that modifying the equipment is frowned upon as players expect the winner to be decided primarily on players' skills and not who is using a corked-bat or jet-powered skates. In some ways, members of Soakerdom seem too focussed on the water blasters and perhaps not thinking enough about improving their true soaking skills.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sat May 27, 2006 9:26 am

Wild Boys wrote:And I would build a homemade soaker if I was able to get the parts easily and had instructions for one. But being from the UK its annoying as you can't easily make one.

And all these members saying that they love members making homemades and WBL's, which to them if you don't make them then you are not considered important to them (most of them are on SSCentral and SoakerMedia, and some even post here, you know who you are), why don't you just learn that we all aren't as fortunate as you for getting parts and having access to things that you practically see in your life everyday like bits of easily accessible and right PVC. And also just learn that your expectations are too high wanting a stock gun to shoot 50ft, too bad some have already been severly brainwashed from modding and all that, get a grip. I think you and I know who I'm talking to there.

I could go on forever but there is no point. Some members of soakerdom have just gone too crazy and that's that to me.

And why not want more? I feel sorry for you that you do not have access to the materials needed to build homemades. Joannaardway also had a hard time finding materials but look at what she has done. I think the real problem is that you just don't want to build homemades, which is fine. However I don't appreciate you trying to convince other newer members that homemades are the wrong way to go. Despite your post being almost entirely off-topic, it was also a little de-meaning to the people at SM. I know that I'm on of those "people" who endorse the use of homemades. However, I've never thought of myself as "elitist" and I hope no one else has either.

On topic: Yes, a properly constructed homemade can beat a CPS 2000. However, homemades are heavier and more gangly or bulky than a CPS 2000.

Edited By wetmonkey442 on 1148740016
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sat May 27, 2006 10:23 am

wetmonkey442 wrote:
Wild Boys wrote:And I would build a homemade soaker if I was able to get the parts easily and had instructions for one. But being from the UK its annoying as you can't easily make one.

And why not want more? I feel sorry for you that you do not have access to the materials needed to build homemades. Joannaardway also had a hard time finding materials but look at what she has done. I think the real problem is that you just don't want to build homemades, which is fine. However I don't appreciate you trying to convince other newer members that homemades are the wrong way to go. Despite your post being almost entirely off-topic, it was also a little de-meaning to the people at SM. I know that I'm on of those "people" who endorse the use of homemades. However, I've never thought of myself as "elitist" and I hope no one else has either.

On topic: Yes, a properly constructed homemade can beat a CPS 2000. However, homemades are heavier and more gangly or bulky than a CPS 2000.

You always have to rub things in don't you, its always you when something like this happens, what is you like to moan against me about. Its like as if you say that I'm no use to soakerdom. If you don't like me, fine, just don't piss me off like you do in times and arguments like this, which is what you seem to enjoy doing, yes I knew it was off topic, and I should have said and apologized it was, but you had to rub things in didn't you.

And yes, Joanaardway may have managed to build a homemade, but she probably has more time than I do, and I'm not at all as clever as she is, since I'm not all that mechanical and such. I don't have as much time as I used to know, and I don't have the time to go round searching for homemade parts all over the place over the web and paying huge amounts of money, its a waste of my life to me when I can go out and do better things than just sit on a computer all day finding bits of PVC all over the web.

I wasn't trying to convince to newer members that homemades were wrong, its just people like you seem to overexaggerate making people who don't have the time, money, or accessibilty to build homemades look and feel unimportant and left in the dark in soakerdom.

I'm going to end my rant now, to avoid possible flame war and the closing of this topic, although my opinions will still stand.

Back on topic, a homemade would easily beat a CPS 2000 I guess, the CPS 2000 isn't really battle practical compared to a homemade, and since you can make a homemade to however you want then that just settles it.

Edited By Wild Boys on 1148743509

DX

Post by DX » Sat May 27, 2006 10:26 am

As Wetmonkey pointed out, a powerful homemade can beat a 2000. However in battle practicality, no homemade design exists that will put a homemade on the same level as any stock soaker in that regard. At least not yet.

If some things I or other tech zealots say come across as "elitist" I'm sorry about that, since that is not the kind of tone that is meant. I can't help the fact that in this part of the US, you can buy just about anything within a 20 mile radius. Homemade parts are cheap and readily available here, so why not use them?

Members are not judged by what equipment they have or bring or make or like. Or at least I certainly do not judge people like that. Character always comes first.

@iSoaker: I've long asserted that a mix of tech and skill is a formula for victory. Our team history, with 8 wins, 2 ties, and 2 losses so far, reflects this. Great Tech is no substitute for skill, while skill without tech, when a choice is available, also comes up short. We have proven that when tech is an option, and a team does not use it, they will have difficulty executing their tactics to the optimal effect.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

poonti

Post by poonti » Sat May 27, 2006 4:26 pm

I think i should make a homemade but can i find the parts? I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Better than paying $200 for a soaker that has restrictions.

Edited By poonti on 1148765744

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat May 27, 2006 8:13 pm

I've now managed to post a great submitted article on Building vs Buying by Peter_MJ. I highly recommend reading it to get some interesting perspectives on things as well as perhaps gain some ideas.

poonti

Post by poonti » Sun May 28, 2006 7:01 am

Thanks