CPS 4100 repairs

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Zman

CPS 4100 repairs

Post by Zman » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:12 pm

I don’t have the parts for the trigger assembly so i need to make a new i try a coat hanger but that did not work any suggestions?
i am also missing the nozzle selector i was thinking of using a can top and spring to make a new one what do y'all think?
image_2023-11-25_111232037.png
image_2023-11-25_111232037.png (1.66 MiB) Viewed 3262 times
Just because you have a super soaker CPS 2000 doesn’t mean you’re undefeatable :cps2000:

Drenchenator
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: CPS 4100 repairs

Post by Drenchenator » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:01 am

You'd have more success if you used better materials, took some measurements, and came up with a design on paper. I suggest visiting a hardware store or home improvement store.

How did you attempt to use a coat hanger? You will need some sort of metal rod to connect the lever on the firing valve assembly to whatever you use as the trigger assembly. I suggest taking measurements and planning out what you want to do on paper first, and then going to the store to look for parts that can fit your design. You will need measurements of the size of the rod (to see what hole size fits into the lever) and the outer diameter of the pump shaft. You will likely need at least

1) a metal rod

2) a section of metal pipe with an internal diameter slightly larger than the outer diameter of the pump

3) some material to attach to the pipe section (sleeve). This material should serve as the trigger itself as well as a place for the metal rod to hook into the trigger assembly.

4) Some sort of glue or adhesive to join the metal pipe and material together.

This kind of design should replicate the missing trigger assembly.

As to the missing nozzle selector, it would be easier to just try to use some sort of PVC piping, but I am unfamiliar with the attachment point on the CPS 4100. If you'd take some pictures of that, I'd appreciate it.

Good luck!
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench