Super soaker CPS 2000 mk2

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
sparky

Super soaker CPS 2000 mk2

Post by sparky » Tue May 31, 2022 1:54 pm

Hi all,

Image below is the internals of a cps 2000 mk 2. Are there 3 separate valves in this section? I'm confident one valve in this area of my gun is not functioning correctly but I can't find any photos online of this part dismantled.

Blue line I'm guessing is check valve which opens and closes when pumping?

Red line a preasure relief valve?

Pink line another check valve?

Can anyone confirm or show me a photo of this mechanism fully dismantled?

My next question would be if I'm right or partially right an there's more than 1 valve how do I figure out which one is causing the problem?

Basically as I pump up the gun there is resistance, and if I let go of the pump arm it pushes itself back out to its furthest point. This doesn't prevent the gun from working atall it still works but I'm wondering if it reduces the guns overall power. It still fires pretty damn well. But eventually it will break if I keep using it so I'm trying to figure out how to repair it so I can keep this baby going.

Thanks in advance
Attachments
Screenshot_20220531-194537_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220531-194537_Samsung Internet.jpg (160.98 KiB) Viewed 6367 times

SSCBen

Re: Super soaker CPS 2000 mk2

Post by SSCBen » Tue May 31, 2022 4:40 pm

There are three valves here and you labelled the valves correctly. The pink valve sounds like the problem. It sounds like the pink valve is not sealing well.

The pink valve malfunctioning as described should not reduce the power.

I strongly recommend against cutting these valves open. Someone here might know where to cut without damaging the valve internals. I think I've seen photos of these valves open in the past. But it seems unlikely any simple repair to the valve could be made beyond removing debris that might be keeping the pink valve open. I think you could figure out how to completely remove the pink valve, but securely attaching a new check valve would be difficult. Epoxy casting should work, but I'd try to get some experience with it before trying on a CPS 2000. I don't know how much time and effort you're willing to put into this project, but it doesn't seem worthwhile to me.

Like in the other thread, I think simply adding a new check valve on the tube coming from the pink valve is probably your best option.

sparky

Re: Super soaker CPS 2000 mk2

Post by sparky » Tue May 31, 2022 5:09 pm

Thanks for the advice and I agree fully. My intention is to add another check valve on the 10mm pvc tubing. A easy job for the most part. Il only resort to opening the check valve shown as pink in my photo if I absolutely have to. Although I think itl be relatively easy work. My plan would essentially be to remove it entirely and simply add a 20mm check valve in its place and attach the pvc tube direct to it. Jb weld would be all I need for that. Se attached image, red line is the cut and the blue would be new valve resin jointed on.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220531-230639_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220531-230639_Samsung Internet.jpg (50.72 KiB) Viewed 6360 times