Super Soaker 3000

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
DarkSamuraiD

Super Soaker 3000

Post by DarkSamuraiD » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:03 am

Seem my connection valve broke off from on off valve anyone know of parts for this or how to fix gratefully appreciated.

SSCBen

Re: Super Soaker 3000

Post by SSCBen » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:02 am

Hi, welcome to WWN!

Which connection specifically broke off? A photo would help. I'm assuming that it's the water gun side connection that broke off including the valve.

I've seen someone replace that with a bayonet fitting: http://www.sscentral.org/repairs/hose_fitting.html

Most any sort of quick-connect fitting would do. I've bought 5012K94 and 5012K82 from McMaster-Carr before to use in a homemade water gun with a similar function. You can search for quick-connect fittings on there to find one more to your liking.

If the valve broke off then you might have to do a bit more surgery to attach the fittings. I don't think you need to replace the valve, but you can if you'd like. I also don't know what's on the inside there, but if it's tubing then a barbed fitting with a clamp would be your best choice to attach one of the new fittings to the water gun. You'd want to keep it attached firmly to the water gun's case, and something like epoxy putty would probably be a good choice there.

If you post photos I can get more specific.

DarkSamuraiD

Post by DarkSamuraiD » Mon May 02, 2022 4:13 am

Here's a pic broke off of on off valve https://photos.app.goo.gl/PPBfZWYEbS2tzZRg6

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 02, 2022 1:00 pm

Okay, so it's the backpack side. Then the procedure is going to be similar: Get a barbed quick-connect fitting for the backpack side and attach it. That's easy enough. The hard part is going to be the blaster side. You're going to have to figure out some way to attach the other end of the quick-connect fitting to the blaster. This will involve opening up the blaster to take a look at what's on the inside at the connection point. I haven't seen photos of the internals, so I can only speculate on what to expect, but I imagine there's some tubing on the inside that you can cut where you can attach the other quick-connect fitting. You probably will have to cut the case and apply epoxy putty or something similar to permanently attach the new quick-connect fitting to the blaster.

If you do this repair, please post a guide here to help others out in the future. Also, let us know if you have any questions and I'll see what I can do to help.