Super Soaker XP 240 opening

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
wasserpistole

Super Soaker XP 240 opening

Post by wasserpistole » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:27 pm

Hello,

I am trying to repair a Super Soaker XP240 but unfortunately it is quite hard to open.
I removed all screws, but it is still not possible to open: it seems that the nozzle and the end of the pump are glued and are preventing the opening.

I tried to exert some amount of force with a knife but they are stuck in place. I am reluctant to apply more force until I know better.

Can someone confirm that the only way to open this blaster is to go there with a knife and a lot of strength ?

Thanks !

SSCBen

Re: Super Soaker XP 240 opening

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:31 pm

I have no experience specifically with the XP 240, but I can say that if you're having trouble getting the pump cap and nozzle cap off, they're probably glued on. I'm not sure that a knife is the right way but it might work. I've seen people saw off these parts in the past.

Here's an old guide showing how to remove the pump cap of a XP 150 that might be useful: https://www.angelfire.com/sports/gng/xp.htm

Off the top of my head I can not recall another guide as detailed on opening a water blaster with glued on parts.

wasserpistole

Re: Super Soaker XP 240 opening

Post by wasserpistole » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:04 am

Thanks a lot for the old guide.
But seriously ? I have to saw the nozzle and the pump cap ? And the pump cap needs to be sawed in 2 directions ?
There is a high risk that I will destroy the blaster this way...
If nobody has a better idea I will try, but I will probably mess it up somehow and shed a tear when it happens...