CPS 1200 pump not working,does not pump water

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
jubiladoatope

CPS 1200 pump not working,does not pump water

Post by jubiladoatope » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:15 am

My CPS 1200 stopped working a few days ago, I was using it and suddenly heard an explosion when pumping it,afterwards It still worked and could empty the pressure chamber by shooting as usual but no matter how much I pumped no water filled the pressure chamber,I disassembled the gun and tried pumping water and it confirms my suspicions, the pump is not working, no water is being pumped trough the tube.

SSCBen

Re: CPS 1200 pump not working,does not pump water

Post by SSCBen » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:49 pm

More information is needed in order to figure out what broke.

Can you upload a photo of the internals of the water gun? A close up shot of the valves the pump is attached to would be most useful, but others could be helpful too.

Which tube are you referring to when you say "no water is being pumped trough the tube"? The pump itself? The tube that leads from the pump to the pressure chamber? The tube that leads from the reservoir to the pump?

Does the pump draw in water? That is, when you extend the pump, does it fill with water? If the pump doesn't draw in any water then that might indicate that the first check valve broke.

If the pump does draw in water, then I'd guess that the pump won't send the water to the pressure chamber. That could mean a clogged second check valve, a broken pressure relief valve (which can be "fixed" by disabling it, though this disables an important safety feature), or something else.

jubiladoatope

Post by jubiladoatope » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:13 am

SSCBen wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:49 pm
More information is needed in order to figure out what broke.

Can you upload a photo of the internals of the water gun? A close up shot of the valves the pump is attached to would be most useful, but others could be helpful too.

Which tube are you referring to when you say "no water is being pumped trough the tube"? The pump itself? The tube that leads from the pump to the pressure chamber? The tube that leads from the reservoir to the pump?

Does the pump draw in water? That is, when you extend the pump, does it fill with water? If the pump doesn't draw in any water then that might indicate that the first check valve broke.

If the pump does draw in water, then I'd guess that the pump won't send the water to the pressure chamber. That could mean a clogged second check valve, a broken pressure relief valve (which can be "fixed" by disabling it, though this disables an important safety feature), or something else.
Thanks for answering so quickly.
>Does the pump draw in water? That is, when you extend the pump, does it fill with water? If the pump doesn't draw in any water then that might indicate that the first check valve broke.
No,this is what I was refering to, the pump doesnt draw any water,I will post pics later.

jubiladoatope

Post by jubiladoatope » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:24 am

Some pics here

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:03 pm

This is a hard one. No obvious issues from the photos. My guess is that what broke is inside the valves and not visible. Most likely the first check valve broke or is clogged.

Look down the open end that leads to the first check valve. (Front-most green part in the second photo.) Can you see anything clogging the check valve or anything else that might be unusual?

Also: Does it seem like the pump head is sealing? Maybe it's not drawing in any water because the pump head seal is broken.

Maybe some others have better ideas.

jubiladoatope

Post by jubiladoatope » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:31 am

SSCBen wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:03 pm
This is a hard one. No obvious issues from the photos. My guess is that what broke is inside the valves and not visible. Most likely the first check valve broke or is clogged.

Look down the open end that leads to the first check valve. (Front-most green part in the second photo.) Can you see anything clogging the check valve or anything else that might be unusual?

Also: Does it seem like the pump head is sealing? Maybe it's not drawing in any water because the pump head seal is broken.

Maybe some others have better ideas.
All right thank you I will try to fix it or have a deep look at it and reply back once I do.

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:23 am

Um, excuse me but what the heck is this??
Attachments
AAAAAAAAAAACapture.PNG
AAAAAAAAAAACapture.PNG (73.98 KiB) Viewed 6322 times
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one