CPS 2000 MK 1 Bladder replacement UK

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
WetterisBetter

CPS 2000 MK 1 Bladder replacement UK

Post by WetterisBetter » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:43 am

Hi Everyone,

Soooooo glad i found this website. Its good to know your not the only one who loves the old super soakers! And also has problems with repairing!!
So my question is:-
I have had a CPS 2000 MK1 for some years now, but not working. I purchased it off eBay years ago, and paid a heavy price for it then! Too embarrassed to say how much. Anyway, a few water fights with my sons and terrorising local kids for a couple of weeks, the bladder burst!
I looked at the famous 'Wayne Schmidt's' web page and ordered a replacement tubing! It was delivered and worked for a while! Yes, then it burst again.
On trying to reorder from the States, I found the company I had ordered from before, was not willing to ship to the Uk anymore.
So my question is, Does anybody know where to but some replacement tubing here in the Uk please!
I have spent sometime on the internet trying to find some, but to no avail.
I would love to get the old gal working again!
It would be really great if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks gang, Chris

cantab

Re: CPS 2000 MK 1 Bladder replacement UK

Post by cantab » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:46 pm

I can't recommend a specific supplier, but from a brief Google it seems it might be easier than in the past to find. However finding stuff that's thick enough, and a supplier that doesn't have a large minimum order, may take some digging.

If you still have the previous tubing and the split was near the end you could just cut it down. Be wary of overpumping.

Another option is a donor bladder. Hydrowar found that a 2500 bladder transplanted into a 2000 gave very similar performance to an original 2000, and surmised that the CPS 2000's power is in large part down to its nozzle. Other similarly-sized cylindrical CPS bladders might also work well. Of course that's only any good if you have or can buy a donor gun.

https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/cps-2000/

Considering the repeated pops, maybe check the overpressure relief valve is working correctly if you can?