Winter Storage - Working on it

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:34 pm

I just put ten of my smaller guns into a winter storage bin.
It is a 12 gallon plastic bin that I purchased at Costco for approximately six dollars. I only bought one at first, to see if it would work out. Just one bin fit ten very well, and at six bucks, not bad at all. I will be getting more definitely, and will definitely as well be adding pictures of the storage.

Has anyone else been putting guns into storage for the offseason, or am I the only one?
Other methods, ideas?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:49 pm

Not sure if you saw the new Water Blaster Care and Cleaning article on iSoaker.com. I'm still working on it and it needs pictures/images, but there already a good amount of info there on things I commonly do in terms of both cleaning as well as some notes on long term soaker storage.

Most of my armoury is stored in large Rubbermaid totes and large Ikea Wardrobes, but that's probably more storage space than most need. I recently picked up a large, wheeled, Sterelite plastic bin for my more recent acquisitions, but it appears I'll need another soon. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

cobralex297

Post by cobralex297 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:08 pm

A very nice article. Pictures would be cool of course, but it's always a function of how much free time one has, and I completely understand a lack thereof, especially now...

I'll be doing a thorough clean on all of my most prized blasters, as well as any I have the desire to sell. Any tips for cleaning cardboard packaging? Is that even possible to do, other than brushing dust off and stuff?

Will post notes on cleaning as soon as I do that...

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:41 am

For cardboard packaging, dusting or vacuuming using a brush attachment is what I typically do. Do not use extremely wet cloths/tissues when cleaning as you can end up damaging the packaging. If you plan on storing them for a long time, one option is to clean, allow to dry (if damp), then cover with a plastic bag/garbage bag to prevent further dust from accumulating on the surfaces.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:23 am

My team is still fighting and recruiting, but we will be going into winter hibernation soon.
I usually store my guns in a large storage bin like Cobra used, after following a similar routine as described by Isoaker's article.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.