Replacement screws for old Super Soakers

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
WaterDragonMissle

Replacement screws for old Super Soakers

Post by WaterDragonMissle » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:56 am

Forgot to post, but I recently found stainless steel replacements for most Classic CPS Super Soakers.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100pcs- ... 4c4dTs3IUj

They are size M2.6 plastic tapping screws, which will fit earlier mark versions of CPS soakers. From AliExpress, they are very cheap ($2~$4 for a pack of 100 new stainless steel screws), so it's good to get a pack of 10mm length ones and 16mm length ones, which covers rusting screws for 1000s, 1200s, and 2000s. (I don't have other CPS models, but I'm guessing these lengths will work for most other golden era models, though there may be certain lengths you need to order for your specific guns). Shipping is free to negligible IIRC, but would take about a month to get here since they are coming from China.

Some newer marks of CPS soakers will use less screw holes with bigger screws though; for example the later marks of the CPS 1000 (you can tell the difference because the older marks have a screw hole right by the pump, while newer marks don't). Haven't yet tested what specific size tapping screws fit these models, since I only have one newer mark CPS and its screws are still in great shape.

SSCBen

Re: Replacement screws for old Super Soakers

Post by SSCBen » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:27 pm

Great find. Post again if you figure out the other screw size as I only see these sorts of repairs becoming more common.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:40 pm

Or you can just go down to your local hardware store and not have to wait a month for shipping. :p It might be a little more expensive, but still dirt cheap. If I remember right, most CPS screws are #4, but I'm sure the size doesn't have to be exact; it is plastic after all. So it doesn't matter if you use metric or imperial, and the threads don't have to match up perfectly either.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:21 am

For the price I will definitely have to try these and then compare them to the machine screws I get at the local hardware store. Thanks for posting.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:54 pm

I've still been taking screws from existing shells, usually thrifted blasters that are either being picked just for their screws, or when the shell is a waste product (like with the Berserker lol). Many nerf blaster screws will go right into soakers. Definitely not a method for collectors or people who are squeamish about wasting a whole thing for one part, but totally viable for ruthless means-to-an-end people, lol.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:28 pm

Use a flat end M2 screw instead of self-tapping, there's no need for unnecessary sharp hazards lol.

Any of the usual sources - Aliexpress, Banggood, Amazon, eBay, etc. should work fine.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat