CPS 2500 repair help

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Njthrifter

CPS 2500 repair help

Post by Njthrifter » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:14 pm

Hi all, newbie here. I bought 2 CPS 2500s at an estate sale for a steal! One works but leaks( I dismantled and found a crack which I sealed with JB weld, waiting till full cure to see how that works). The other one had a mouse nest in the reservoir, which I cleaned out, but pumping it puts no pressure in the gun. I checked, and the mouse mess is not in any of the interior tubes. Any ideas on how to proceed? And please use small words or explain which parts are which, I don't really have a clue! Are there any videos that I can view to get some education on this? TIA for any help!

SSCBen

Re: CPS 2500 repair help

Post by SSCBen » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:47 am

Here's a basic guide to some of the parts of a water gun. I recall that iSoaker has better illustrations with more details, but the site is down right now. There aren't that many videos about water guns unfortunately, compared against Nerf which has a lot of video tutorials.

Sounds like you have the leak under control.

As for the CPS 2500 which won't pressurize, you'll have to give more detail. What happens when you pump? Describe it step by step. Let's say that you start with the pump pushed all the way into the gun. As you pull the pump out, does it seem to be sucking water from the reservoir? If no water is being pulled in at all then the problem is likely a clog in the intake check valve. If water does enter the pump, what happens when the pump is pushed in? Does the water seem to go back into the reservoir? That would indicate that the intake check valve is clogged in an open position. There are other possibilities as well. This is just what comes to mind.

Likely you'll need to clean it somehow. Typically there's a mesh screen at the intake to block debris from entering the valve. Check that first. If debris got into the valve, I imagine using "pipe cleaners" normally used for small crafts could probably help remove it. Flushing the valve with a lot of water by pumping repeatedly might also help.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:29 am

You should also take a look at some of the articles on the following page - https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/repairs/

The "pump doesn't build pressure" repairs may help you out.

Here's a few more pictures - https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/cps2500/
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Njthrifter

Post by Njthrifter » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:23 am

Thanks both for the replies. My time is tied up right now and I probably won't be able to do anything with this info til the weekend. I'll keep you posted how it works out.