CPS 2500 Screw Size

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
DeRock

CPS 2500 Screw Size

Post by DeRock » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:09 pm

Hello everybody. Working on repairing a CPS 2500 and am missing a bunch of screws. Tried the hardware stores and could find a screw small enough. Anyone else find the Larami screw size? Thanks.

DX

Re: CPS 2500 Screw Size

Post by DX » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:02 pm

Small industrial screws can be difficult to find and the prices don't tend to be great if you do find them. There is an easy way of acquiring more screws, just head to a thrift store (or garage sale) and look for plastic toys (they don't even need to be blasters). Find something with a matching screw size (CPS 2500s have a bit smaller screws than most other blasters, and the ones in the pump track and top casing are shorter than usual, so look for thin areas in other toys). The fit does not need to be exact. You may be able to find enough screws to replace all the missing ones and only spend 99 cents!
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

DeRock

Post by DeRock » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:22 pm

That's a brilliant idea. Thank you very much DX!

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:12 pm

The screws should be #2, but I'm not sure which thread, usually something coarse. (So perhaps #2-24 or #2-28; don't know.) Unfortunately, these screws can't be easily found in hardware stores and may have to be ordered on eBay or Amazon. You may want to measure the length of the screws you already have, count the threads, and deduce the threading from that. Of everything, length matters the least since they can be cut down.

Or do the thrifting thing, but that's expensive if you just want only screws. The eBay option should cost no more than a few bucks with shipping included, and you'll get at least 50 or 100 or so screws. Problem is getting the right thread, but thrifted blasters can have the same problem.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 pm

I highly doubt water gun screws are #2 sized. Have you seen a #2 screw? They are TINY. I would guess #6 for most water guns, but I don't have any blasters with me now to verify. When I get mine from NY I'll do some measuring. I'll find out what the thread spacing is too. Unless someone else wants to do it earlier and save me the trouble. :p

But I definitely think that replacing stock screws is a good idea. Even if the threads don't match, you can always re-tap the holes.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.