CPS 1000 Firing Valve

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

CPS 1000 Firing Valve

Post by marauder » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:17 am

Danny's 1000 started pump shooting. He opened it up last night and we determined the problem was inside the valve, probably a rubber gasket being loose. It wasn't an issue with the plastic lever on the firing pin being pulled back as it was in a normal spot and the trigger and firing pin return to normal placement after you pull the trigger.

I've opened up 2000 and 1500 firing valves, but those have screws. What's the best method of opening up a glued firing valve? I have a heat gun, but I'm wondering if that wouldn't be overkill. Has anyone used boiling water to melt the glue? I used that successfully on some glued parts in my Aquapak Devastators.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

TheSoaker

Re: CPS 1000 Firing Valve

Post by TheSoaker » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:59 pm

Hmmm. The only method I've seen is to cut it open and then use JB weld or some marine epoxy to glue it back together. You might be able to use a heat gun but it might compromise the structural integrity of the valve.
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one