Repairing/Creating a Q.F.D?

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
curocko323

Repairing/Creating a Q.F.D?

Post by curocko323 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:23 am

Sorry if this is the wrong subforum but I have sniped 3 SCPowerPaks, a 2500, and a few other odds and ends via ebay.

The Power paks came with a single QFD, but alas its in unuseable condition.

Has a crack in the port for SC chargers and when I tried to fill my power pak it mostly just sprays water out through the side.

I heard that you can make a SC QFD fairly easily, and since I have the QFD I should be able to get the part sizes.

Anything I should know when creating one? I havent messed around with DIY a lot so its a little daunting.

If it wasnt for the freezing weather I'd take a picture, and if requested I can.

Andrew

Re: Repairing/Creating a Q.F.D?

Post by Andrew » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:49 am

It's definitely doable and has been done before with varying success (this one is pretty good and doubles as base defence). If it's just a crack in the side of the QFD's vertical tube (where you push the SC nozzle in) it should be fairly easy to fix. If you can find a piece of tube which fits snugly around the outside of the QFD, you can epoxy it to the QFD. That should be able to hold mains pressure. If you can't find a pipe epoxy putty, over the crack and around the vertical tube, should also hold.

curocko323

Post by curocko323 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:04 am

I'm going try look for a brass tube to fit well around it now, its a few cracks in the vertical tube and a few O rings on the power paks themselves and it should be working fine.

Thanks for the help, I'll post pics when I get the pvc/brass on it.

curocko323

Post by curocko323 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:26 pm

Should the power pak "click" into the QFD?

The front nozzle where you insert it into the QFD has a few chips and water sprays up when I try to load the PP.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:31 pm

You may need epoxy to fix the cracks. There's no click when connecting to the filler, it's just an O-ring sealing with the QFD itself. The VHS I designed works the same way, although both the regular QFD and the VHS require the nozzle to be pushed against the filling unit, which gets situated between the blaster (pointed down at the ground) and the ground itself. Otherwise, the pressure will cause it to shoot out.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat