Please help.. CPS 2500

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
steelboot..

Please help.. CPS 2500

Post by steelboot.. » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:30 pm

Found a smoking deal on a CPS 2500, but there's a problem. When I pump it, water comes out the nozzle even though the trigger isn't depressed. We've opened it up and established that the problem doesn't lie with the trigger. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm literally IN THE SELLER'S garage and we can't figure it out.
2008 - 2010
2013 -

DX

Re: Please help.. CPS 2500

Post by DX » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:25 pm

Try the rubber band repair, sounds like a stuck-open firing valve.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:30 pm

So there are several possibilities here, but the important thing for you to do is open up the firing valve (what I refer to as the "hard chamber") , there are 8 screws and a little glue. From there, could be a few different things wrong with it. I didn't have great pictures of the back side of the valve, so I opened up my CPS 2500 (it was at the foot of my bed) and took some extra pics. Here are the screws you need to remove:
So remove the screws, keeping some pressure on the case so it doesn't fly apart. After removing the screws, carefully run a knife around the outside edge to split apart the glue, and then pry open the case. You will see this: (here is the gasket from the side)
Once inside, you will see the front half looks like this. It's usually not the broken part; however if the center lip was cracked or broken somehow, that would explain your leak, since that is where the gasket rests. Note that mine has been heavily glued, but the screen is intact inside the laminator. Meanwhile:
This is what it looked like before. Nice and whitish, but very broken. Yours should be more this colour.
Now for the important half, the back half.
This is the firing valve back half. In the center is the spring loaded piece, attached to the trigger, with the nice big black rubber gasket. If the gasket broke off or is deformed, that would explain your problem.
If that's not your problem, then the leak is from a hairline crack somewhere. Let us know how it goes.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Here's a repair that I made which was similar to what soakinader described https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/2011/07/ ... e-for-cps/

The misaligned gasket or rubber washer made it so water was leaking out of the nozzle no matter what.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

steelboot..

Post by steelboot.. » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:34 pm

Thank you so much guys! Soakinvader, I could not have asked for a better walk-through. Thank you so much. Though I had already left the guy's house (we gave up) when I saw your post, damn is it detailed. Sent this right to the seller, who later messaged me informing me he had fixed it. Bad news is he found another buyer who was willing to pay twice as much as I was. At least somebody gets to enjoy it!

Cheers!
2008 - 2010
2013 -

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Sure, no problem. For anyone who is reading this, when you find a CPS blaster for cheap, BUY IT. Doesn't matter if it works or not, because there is always someone on WWN who can help you fix it.
Also, why does nobody get my name right? :P
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:45 am

Welcome to the club. Also, I never realized the 2500's firing valve could just be pried open, all these years I had to saw and then it would leak no matter how it was glued back together lol.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

steelboot..

Post by steelboot.. » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Arghhh my mistake soakinader! But hey you helped some random guy sell a CPS 2500 for $90 more than he thought it was worth! Good deed for the day, I reckon.
2008 - 2010
2013 -