Back To Business.

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Back To Business.

Post by Poseidon2000 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:50 am

I am back in action. :cool: If you don't wanna read garbage skip to the BLUE!!

First off, a little story. In between prepping for the end of school and downpour, my mother made a clever decision to place my blasters all in our apartment's basement storage. That, did not go so well. As I finished school for the summer, I went to the basement to retrieve my armoury. Well- heres the problemos.

2500-MIA. :cry:
1500-pump shoots and i know why.
3200-backpakkie broke, easy fix.
PoP Nozzle never got to being welded, so pieces are missing.

Main Priority=1500. the seal at the nozzle pin was loose when I got it. I got it off, and superglued it back on. worked fine, did a 15k w/15 balloons and closed up. it worked, till it started pump-shooting. Well, turns out that i got superglue On the seal at one point so now there is NO seal, causing it to pump-shoot. Thing is, i cant get the washer/seal off without harming it and/or the blaster. suggestions? I appreciate it.

soakinader

Re: Back To Business.

Post by soakinader » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Good to have you back!
When you say that you glued the seal you mean the rubber disc that is on the front of the rod? The one that I appear to have no pictures of for some reason??
If I had a blob of hardened glue on the seal/gasket/rubber disc, I would take my trusty exacto knife/razor blade and pick at it a little. Even if you just take a flathead screwdriver, you should be able to apply the right pressure in the right place, and crack the glue free of the rubber. The rubber does bend, even though it is thin and glued to the valve; the glue is not so flexible. You can do it!
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Back To Business.

Post by Poseidon2000 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:13 pm

I'll try. I need my 1500 more than anything else to get me back in action. I'll post again for an update.