Repair my SS200

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
JFS

Repair my SS200

Post by JFS » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi,
I found my SS 200 in my cellar. I bought it in 1992 or 93 for 60 DM.
But now Iwanted to us it again but I don´t get any pressure on it.
Have anybody an idea what I can do get it work again?

BR

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Repair my SS200

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:38 pm

I know whats wrong with it.
You left the trigger closed while storing it didn't you, :cry: . Easy just get some tubing the right size and replace the tubing that came in it
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:50 pm

yeah, those classic ss have to be stored with their trigger pulled. new tubing required.
"The world is yours" - Nas

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:09 pm

Actually, I don't think that's the case. If a pinch-trigger model will not fire, there is a simple procedure that can get it to start shooting again. You pour in water, hold down the trigger, and pump at least 40-50 times, after which you hear a gas sound, the tube inflates at the pinch, and water comes out the nozzle like magic. I saw these instructions on the secondary sticker of an SS 50. The reason I'd never heard of it before is that I'd never owned a 50 with both stickers intact until recently. I was skeptical at first, but I made no less than 4 of them start shooting again that way, ones I'd owned for years without getting them to shoot. Replacing the tubing is not necessary if the pinch is pinched.

However, for a 200, there might be something else wrong with it. My 200 did not respond to this procedure and the lack of water in the PC indicated that suction was not being generated. It could be the pump seal, a blockage, or an internal leak. I would recommend opening it and examining the seal and tubing.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:32 am

The SS 50 may have been pretty fragile, but as far as moving parts and internals are concerned it has the potential to last a long time. There's no firing valve and no springs.

Does your 200 build up pressure in the firing chamber but you just can't let it out? Or is the problem that you can't build up pressure in the firing chamber to begin with?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

JFS

Post by JFS » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:00 am

HI,
thanks for the fast replys.

If I pull the pressure lever it dosn´t generate pressure in the chamber.
One question, what is the best method to open the glued parts?

BR

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:16 pm

From what you've said, it doesn't sound like anything to do with permanently pinched pinch valve tubing. There may be a problem with that, but we'll get to that after we've got as far as filling the pressure chamber (it will stop the blaster firing, but not pressurising).

A few things to check to help diagnose the problem:

When you pump the pump back and forth can you hear anything or see any water leaking? Pump it a good few times. If it is leaking, but not building pressure, you either have air being sucked in (which you should hear) or water leaking out (which you should see/feel after a few full stokes of the pump).

When you push the pump out (forwards) do you feel resistance? Does it pull itself back in (backwards)? If so, it could be a sticky check valve on the reservoir side, preventing water reaching the pump.

If the pump does pull out without much resistance, can you push it back in? If not, the second check valve, on the pressure chamber side, is sticky. If it can be pushed in, does water leak out of the front of the pump?

Is the sliding pump grip still attached to the rest of the pump rod (comes out above the 'barrel')? It 'may' have broken in storage.

Is the pressure chamber filling with water but not building pressure? If so, the pump is working, but there is a leak somewhere on that side of the pump.

Is water leaking out of the nozzle when you pump? If so, there is probably a broken pinch valve spring.

JFS

Post by JFS » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:35 am

HI,
your right, I have water in the pressure chamber.
It looks like that the connection thread of one water chamber is cracked.
Now I have an problem, one of the screws are rosted and I can´t screw it out.
The screwdriver is spinning without turning the screw.

Any ideas?

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:32 pm

Drill (use one of the other screws you extracted for reference).
Or pry the case open and slip in some small bolt cutters (may or may not be easy, depends where it is).
Or don't open the gun at all. If you have an SS200 with the threaded chambers, you should be able to unscrew the chamber and clamp+glue the threaded part on the gun.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.