Flash Flood Suction Problem

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
PalikSoaker23

Flash Flood Suction Problem

Post by PalikSoaker23 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:46 pm

So I bought a second hand Flash Flood Super Soaker a while back, and it worked perfectly up until my sister snapped the trigger spring. Also, the pump rod was pulled out. I looked online and saw these were both common issues so I opened the gun and fixed the trigger with some rubber bands and got the pump rod back in properly, but now there is no suction. I mean like nothing. I can't seem to find a hole in the pipe or anything, any ideas on how to fix it? Or is it sadly time to get a new one? :cps2700:

soakinader

Re: Flash Flood Suction Problem

Post by soakinader » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:33 pm

When you say the pump rod was pulled out, do you mean it is broken or is the rubber pump head still intact?
If the rubber part is still on the end of the pump rod, and it seals well with the tube, then it may have something to do with the intake tube or possibly the check valve (check if the tube in the reservoir is clogged; and hope it isn't the check valve!). If the pump head fits loosely in the tube, you can fix that with some Teflon tape (if it's really loose I have another fix). So give us a better idea of the problem and we will see. If you aren't sure, pictures are great.

*Edit* I grabbed my flash flood and took some pictures. Dead centre in the picture, the joint between the blue rod and the white plastic, that is where mine broke.
The black part is the rubber pump head.
So how does yours look? Oh, and make sure to test it with water. Some guns won't pump air, and one of my Flash Flood is one of them.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Just make a homemade pump (It's easy unless your CA99).
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:54 am

Does the pump seal still seem to make an air-tight/water-tight seal with the pump shaft? If the pump rod is still making a good seal with the pump shaft and you're still not able to pull water from the reservoir, you should either feel from resistance or one of the other check valves in the system has locked into the open position. Can you take some pictures of your Flash Flood's pump and post them?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:27 pm

@storm, if the problem is that the pump head is sitting in the back of the pump shaft, the check valves are shot, or if the intake is clogged, then the best homemade pump in the world won't help.
@isoaker, I appreciate your attempt to help, but did you read my post?? You basically said the exact same things as me. haha XP Now can we wait for the OP to respond with more info/questions?
If you are Palik, this means YOU!
*Edit* lol we all have moments
Last edited by soakinader on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:51 pm

soakinader wrote:@isoaker, I appreciate your attempt to help, but did you read my post?? You basically said the exact same things as me. haha XP Now can we wait for the OP to respond with more info/questions?
@soakinader: read your post? YES! Paid attention to what I read? ... obviously not. :goofy: DOH! My bad...

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: