Page 1 of 1

Need Supersoaker Monster XL Repair

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:30 am
by MAdworldMatt
I bought a used supersoaker monster XL from ebay.

The Quick Disconnect Refill Nozzle is leaking.

I will pay you to fix it for a reasonable price.

Re: Need Supersoaker Monster XL Repair

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:49 am
by the oncoming storm
I have never heard of someone having someone else fix a blaster on here before, just plug the QFD port so that it can't leak (won't be able to "Quick Fill" it ever again).

Re: Need Supersoaker Monster XL Repair

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:49 pm
by Andrew
Depending how far away you live, I'm sure someone in the community will be happy to help (I would if I was anywhere near). We generally encourage self-repair as a blaster will develop more problems as it ages, and fixing it yourself will make it easier next time.

The common fix for a broken QFD nozzle is to simply plug it. Depending on what part of it is leaking, it should still be possible to fix the current QFD nozzle or at least make a new one from garden hose connectors.

Re: Need Supersoaker Monster XL Repair

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:56 pm
by Nemesis
Open it up to see where it is leaking, locate the crack/hole, and put some water weld on dat thang! I miiiight be able to fix it for you, but there is a good chance i can't. Still possible though.

Re: Need Supersoaker Monster XL Repair

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:04 am
by Andrew
If it's leaking from the front of the QFD nozzle, it could just be a dodgy seal/spring, in which case you need to remove the QFD nozzle (some are threaded and come straight off, some are glued) and replace/improve/lube the seal and/or spring. If this doesn't work, you can install a new check valve somewhere behind the QFD nozzle (between it and the the connection to the rest of the internals).

If it's leaking internally, or around the QFD nozzle, it is likely a leaky pipe. If the pipe is push-fit or threaded (like I said some QFD's are threaded on) it may require a new o-ring/washer/some lube on the seal. If the pipe is just solvent welded, some epoxy with epoxy putty on top should do the trick. Roughen and clean the surface of the pipe, cover the area that is leaking in epoxy, mould some epoxy putty over that area while the epoxy is still 'wet'. You could epoxy a small layer of plastic/metal on top of the leak, and apply epoxy putty on top of that. Some have reported good results with Water Weld, but I find a combination of normal epoxy and the standard steel reinforced epoxy putty works well (the epoxy putty never seems to stick as well as the epoxy, but epoxy putty does stick well to epoxy and epoxy does stick well to the plastic).