Cps 4100 trigger reinforcement

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Cps 4100 trigger reinforcement

Post by HBWW » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:57 pm

Doesn't quite reach the weak point which is blocked by the wheel. (Needs to be removed.) I'd make the cut so that it covers more area on the trigger too; the more surface area it makes contact with, the better. Be careful cutting though; if it's too large and blocks parts of the blaster, you will need a Dremel to grind out the excess. (I completely messed up in this aspect on a 2100 reinforcement, but the end result is super-effective.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:46 am

I'd also reinforce underside of the trigger bar (the bit that connects to the piece of the trigger you pull with your finger). This is where the point of greatest stress on the trigger bar. When you pull the trigger the trigger bar is being pulled forwards by the valve but you are pulling back at a point offset from the axis of the trigger bar, inducing a moment on the join between the trigger bar and the extension of the trigger you pull with your finger.

Basically, it will always fail at the bottom of the trigger bar first. Once it cracks, the crack may extend and pull the back of the trigger off of the trigger bar completely.

Sort of like this, but at above the trigger's finger pad on the 4100 (the notch at the narrowest point).

fuzeEXR

Post by fuzeEXR » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:04 pm

Here's a pic of the underneath side of the trigger I just did. Hard to see in the picture I didn't take it until I put the gun back together.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (55.41 KiB) Viewed 1126 times