Internals request: 2007 secret strike valve

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Neptune

Internals request: 2007 secret strike valve

Post by Neptune » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:13 pm

I just aquired a 2007 secret strike and aside from the small pump stroke(looking in to fixing that) I really like it. But the trigger doesn't work and it keeps getting stuck in open position. Upon inspection the spring inside by the max d valve snapped. I was hoping someone here could just get me an image of this valve with the spring in, as I am lost at what it connects to.
I've got 110 problems but a <Nice lady> Ain't one

TheSoaker

Re: Internals request: 2007 secret strike valve

Post by TheSoaker » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:59 am

you got it buddy!: Image
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:16 pm

HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:58 pm

Thanks! With this hopefully I can fix the ss:2007 easily, albeit I think the arm for the ball valve itself snapped at the spring holder, so I may have to either epoxy resin the spring onto it directly, put a small rod into it, or de max d it. Is there any notable downside to de max d-ing things?

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:46 pm

Wow, you wasted no time in opening it, haha. I would de-Max-D it, as it makes the trigger more silent, and in case the valve fails to close, you can close it manually by pushing the trigger forward. The only downside I can think of is if you can't get a strong enough spring (like in my Arctic Blast), the valve won't close, and you have to manually close it. It can be tricky to do, as each blaster is different. But I'm sure you could figure something out if you fixed all those other guns.

I need to find time to fix up my end of the deal.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:45 pm

It was comfortable to hold and green, and now it's Saint Patricks day so I just had to! I had a few hours before work today and have a lot of blasters to repair. I would like to replace this pump but keep it on board, maybe cut the slot a little longer so the 2" draw becomes 3 or 4. I have yet to measure that though don't quote me, and that is entirely dependent on finding a material with the same ID as the current tube, and a material that can nest over it.

Really though I'm going to put a small flat screw in the max d arm with a drill in a bit and hopefully that can be a new arm and rectify my problem.

Ok so because of the added friction of the screw the spring is being annoying, also I rebent the spring to have a new loop and that may have added to it. I'm going to try to get some rubber bands tightly wound around it.