Max D Valve repair/replace

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Neptune

Max D Valve repair/replace

Post by Neptune » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:12 pm

I recently required a MD5K for next to nothing, but the ball valve leaks by where it turns, and won't come out the front regardless of how its turned. Does anyone know what would cause this and if its worth repairing? Otherwise I'm thinking of taking a MD3K valve out of my MD3K and cutting the valve of the 5K out and put the 3K in place and see how it goes. I'm replacing the nozzle and pump anyway so it could add to the ghetto-frankenstein aspect of this anyway haha.

Has anyone had experience with either repairing or replacing max D style valves? I'm most likely taking the lever off and just link the valve to the trigger.
I've got 110 problems but a <Nice lady> Ain't one

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Max D Valve repair/replace

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:13 pm

I need help as well, m4's old secret strike got here yesterday (along with 8 other guns) the FIRST shot broke the trigger :D I like the gun as a close quarters weapon it's the best I have (until m4's lighting mods are done) and will de-max d it any ideas as to how?
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:11 pm

Take it apart and post pictures. Max d ball valves can break in several places, either the spring or the plastic that the spring attaches to. If all else fails I may have replacement parts for ppl.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:44 am

It's not the max d gimmicy part though. While that's prone to breaking mine broke right at the seal itself of the ball valve. I don't think there should be that much of a difference if we replace our parts with non-Max d parts though. I just found a md3k at a thrift store, so when I'm less sick I'll be swapping parts for those.
I've got 110 problems but a <Nice lady> Ain't one

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:34 pm

I just opened the secret strike, oddly no parts are broken :oo: the spring just can't close the valve sometimes. And a funny thing, the fan trigger doesn't use a max-d system but still uses a ball valve.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

Honestly, I wouldn't replace the 5000 valve with the 3000's. The 3K is a good pistol/sidearm, but I would probably say the 5K is the worst gun in the Max-D line (aside from the Secret Strike perhaps). It's quite a bit bigger than the 4K, but gets less range (35' vs. like 37-38') and the same output (I don't know how far the 3K shoots, but it's probably around 35'). I just don't think the 5000 is as good as the 3000.

oncoming storm: I had a similar problem with my MD 2000. The valve just wouldn't close even though the mechanisim looked completely fine. I would de-Max-D it, but if you want help with that, you'll have to post pictures (I would advise starting a new thread) so we can figure out how to go about it, as de-Max-D modding has to be done slightly differently for each gun.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:17 pm

I had this exact same problem with my Max-D 5000, but ended up turning the blaster into scrap parts. (I used the pump shaft to replace a Nerf AirTek 2000 pump shaft which had a faulty check valve.) Do NOT cannibalize another working blaster to get this one working, it simply isn't worth it.

Now, I think a broken ball valve means it isn't even worth bothering to repair the whole thing. Trigger mechanisms are a real mess to deal with, but if you manage to sort it out somehow, that's a real accomplishment. However, even building a homemade is less work and frustration from my experience.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat